|suji cake eggless|
You have come at the right place.
Here I present before you eggless semolina cake recipe.
Suji (semolina) cakes have become one of my favorite eggless cakes. This simple suji cake recipe tastes great with a mish mash of nuts and coconut. Try it for once and you will relish every bite of this yummy no sugar cake.
Semolina Cake Ingredients
1 cup- Suji
1 cup- yogurt/curd (I used curd)
1 tbsp- milk
3 tbsp-ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 tsp- baking soda
1/2 tsp- baking powder
1/2 cup- jaggery (or sugar as per your taste)
1 tbsp- Roasted sesame seeds (til)
Almonds, walnuts or nuts of your choice
1/2 tsp- oil for greasing
1/4 cup- fresh/dry coconut
Suji Cake Process
- Take suji.
- Add curd and milk.
- Next add powdered jaggery or gur. Or add sugar if you are using sugar.
- Set aside for one hour.
- Grease a baking pan with oil and sprinkle sesame seeds in the pan. Keep aside,
- Take a cooker. Cover with the lid without whistle (weight). Put on the stove on high flame.
- Add nuts and coconut to the batter. Mix well.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, and lime juice to the mix.
- Immediately, pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Place the pan inside the cooker.
- No need to lock the cooker. Just cover the cooker opening with it.
- Let it heat on a high flame for 5 minutes and then lower the flame.
- The stovetop cake needs 45 minutes or longer for baking without oven.
- You can bake this eggless cake with semolina in microwave. Preheat microwave convection at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Bake the no sugar suji cake for 25-30 mts or until the top gets a nice brown crust.
Here's another suji cake recipe.