|kaddu chutney, bengal gram chutney|
The decision to make kaddu or pumpkin chutney came all of a sudden. It's very simple to prepare this tasty, tangy, and healthy chutney.
Let's see what all I have included here!
1/2 tsp- chana dal
1/2 tsp - urad dal
1/4 tsp- mustard seeds
1/2 tsp- oil
1 small piece of tamarind (I used sweet tamarind chutney) If you are using tamarind, then keep it for boiling along with little sugar for 8-10 mins
Tomato -1 (if you do not want to use tamarind - I used imli instead of tomato)
Salt, black salt
4-5 mint leaves
|kaddu chutney pumpkin chutney|
- Cut pumpkin into small pieces and boil with little salt and turmeric for 20-30 minutes.
- Let them cool down.
- Take oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds,chana dal and urad dal. Let them splutter on low flame.
- Add green chilly. Mix and switch off the flame. However, if you are using tomato instead of tamarind, cut tomato into small pieces and add to the tempering. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes and its juices blend with the tempered ingredients. Turn off the flame and let them cool.
- Pour the tempering over the pumpkin pieces.
- Add this mixture into the grinder along with tamarind paste and 2-3 mint leaves.
- Add little sugar and black salt.
- Run the processor for 2-3 minutes or until you get paste.
- Your tasty, tangy pumpkin chutney is ready!
- Garnish with coriander or mint leaves. Enjo!