Well, you ought not be, since it is coming from me! Yes, now you already know that I have been experimented with different healthy oatmeal recipes, and this oatmeal dessert is a step in that direction.
Yes, it's oats again - the key ingredient in this creamy, thick, and delectable kulfi, though without the addition of cream. Oats has this supreme quality to turn creamy and thick when blended with liquid. This makes it a healthier alternative to cream, which is loaded with calories and gives you no additional health benefits.
Rich in fiber, oat powder has become my go-to ingredient for all recipes. I try to include this healthy cereal grain in everything I make or bake these days. Yes, it gives us unmatched health benefits. In fact, I want everyone to turn to using oats and substitute cream with this healthy cereal. Take my words for it - you won't ever remorse the decision.My dear friend Ritu Mendiratta knows it better. She shares some of the healthiest recipes in her blog. Do try to explore her food blog to learn super tempting, simple, yet healthy oats recipes. Of course, she is a cooking genius and has umpteen tempting recipes to tinkle your taste buds. I am sure you will love every single recipe in her blog.
Now coming back to my recipe I have tried oatmeal badaam kulfi and oatmeal mango kulfi before.Here's a glimpse of both.
|oatmeal dessert with almonds and milk|
|oatmeal kulfi with mangoes|
This time I added almond butter. To my surprise, this new addition gave the kulfi an altogether different taste. It's little chocolatty without chocolate.
Healthy Oatmeal Dessert Ingredients
2 tbsp- oat powder
2 tbsp- almond powder/kulfi mix/or nothing at all
1 cup milk
2 tbsp- almond butter
Sugar or jaggery (gur) - I do not add sugar if I am adding kulfi mix
1 tbsp rose essence or roofazah
Oatmeal Dessert recipe Procedure
|oats almond butter kulfi|
- Mix oats powder, milk, elaichi, and kulfi mix/almond powder.
- Keep it on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add almond butter. Mix into the mixture very well.
- Turn the heat on a slow flame.
- Oats will quickly make it a creamy mixture. Let it thicken.
- Before turning off the flame, add sugar if you want it more sweet. I do not add sugar to my kulfi, as roofzahh has enough of it. Even kulfi mix has sugar.
- Let the rich, creamy mixture cool down.
- Mix roofzaah very well and churn everything well.
- Better to use your grinder or processor to churn it up.
- It will blend very well.
- Pour it in kulfi moulds and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Take out, garnish with slivered almonds and enjoy oats almond butter kulfi.
- You cannot have it once.
Do let me know how you find this healthy dessert with oatmeal. I am sure you are going to love it as much as me.
Here is another of my oats kulfi - mango oats kulfi, tried and tested by my friends.
You may also want to try the badaam oats kulfi, which tastes just like khoya kulfi.
Do not forget to check my growing list of healthy oatmeal recipes.