|no yeast garlic bread|
Hubby and I have been savoring garlic bread since marriage - once it was our favorite breakfast. Sometimes garlic bread did make its way into our snack time.
But then after the onset of the allergy problem, we stopped buying breads outside, no bakery products, no ready-to-eat stuff and much more.
It was then that I started experimenting with different yeast-free bread recipes at home. Yes, this eggless home made wheat garlic bread roll recipe came up only after series of experiments.
I am loving my food experiments, for I believe in healthy eating.
This is what keeps me going! Not bad na! Self motivation is crucial everywhere these days. I keep myself motivated by posting my food experments with everyone in food groups. My ow on facebook food group, Healthy Recipes by Homemakers, was the result of my health food experiments.
Now let's come back to the wheat garlic bread rolls.
I have had my share of luck when it comes to baking bread. Previously, I have used stovetop to bake bread, but this is the first time that I have used microwave for baking. I am extremely pleased with the result.
On top of it, I have never used yeast for my bread recipes and my no yeast whole wheat bread has never disappointed. Need proof? Check this pic and recipe here.
|no yeast whole wheat bread with oatmeal|
This is a soft (softer than previous no yeast breads) bread roll, with a hint of roasted garlic, mint, and fenugreek leaves. Yeah, the combination might surprise you, but I wanted something different this time. So tried to come up with a unique combination. Does that disappoint?
Na, not at all! I am so very happy with what I have come up with.
This unique oats wheat garlic bread roll recipe does not use any fancy ingredient. I am giving you a no-fail no yeast bread recipe to create your own baking marvels.
Do not be surprised if you come up with outstanding results.
So let's come back to the no yeast garlic bread recipe. Garlic benefits health in more ways than one. Here are a few benefits of garlic.
A recap of garlic benefits:
- A digestion aid
- Antiseptic for wound treatment
- Cancer management therapy
- Diabetes friendly
- Cough & cold remedy
- Boosts cardiovascular and heart health
- Promotes metabolism
- Blood cleanser
- Prevents hair loss
- Antifungal properties
I have been observing too many posts on bread rolls shared in various groups these days. Trust me, I am facing time crunch ever since my return from Odisha, but the urge to bake cute bread rolls with oatmeal has not allowed me to rest.
So today I decided to give it a try.
Diwali is just around the corner and guests would come calling in. So why not treat them to soemthing healthier this time? Make these eggless whole wheat garlic bread rolls no yeast for them and they would waste no time in spreading the word about your baking skills. Yay!
For a loved one, these garlic rolls yeast free do make a great Diwali gifting option. Any takers?
Let's see how we go about it here:
Whole Wheat Garlic Bread Ingredients
|garlic bread rolls no yeast recipe|
1/2 cup- oatmeal/oats powder
1/2 cup- whole wheat flour
1/2 cup-besan (chickpea flour)
2 tbsp- oil/ghee
1/2 tbsp- sugar
1/2 tsp -salt
3/4 tsp- baking soda
1/4 tsp- baking powder
1 tbsp- vinegar (I have used apple cider vinegar --check its amazing health benefits here..there is an apple cider vinegar cholesterol remedy as well..check the recipe here)
1 tbsp- curd
1/4th cup or little more - warm milk
Jeera (cumin seeds)
Roasted garlic cloves-8-10 (the more the better)
2 tbsp hung curd +1/2 tsp oil/ghee/butter
Few dried mint leaves or fresh coriander (I have added both) If you have any other seasoning ingredient, you may add that
Roasted methi powder- 1/4 tsp (for aroma)
Procedure for Homemade Whole Wheat Garlic Rolls No Yeast
|no yeast oats garlic bread log|
- Mix oatmeal, wheat flour, besan, and salt. Keep aside.
- Keeep milk for boiling - just a few seconds. We need lukewarm milk.
- Now take baking soda, baking powder, sugar curd, apple cider vinegar in a bowl. It will get frothy instantly. Immediately pour it over the flours.
- Rub the flour with your hands. It should be like bread crumbs.
- Add milk little by little.
- We need a loose sticky dough.
- Knead it well. Keep it aside in a warm place for an hour. You can preheat your oven and then turn it off. Keep the bowl there. It will rise faster.
- Meanwhile, let's make the seasoning - take hung curd, little salt, roasted methi powder, little oil, mint and coriander leaves. Mix well. Refrigerate it.
- After an hour, you will see the dough has risen.
- Preheat your oven (mw convection) at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Now it's time to spread the seasoning or filling.
- Place an aluminum foil on the countertop. Spread little atta over it so that the dough does not stick.
oat wheat garlic bread no yeast
- Roll out the dough with your hands. You may use your rolling pin, but do not press too hard.
- Then spread the hung curd mixture evenly over it.
- Start to roll the dough from one side. Then cut into small pieces.
- Place in a greased tray at a distance from each other and bake for 20 mts at 180 degrees.
- Let them cool for a few minutes.
- Take the oats garlic bread rolls no yeast out and enjoy with butter or any dip of your choice.
- This is a healthier version of bread rolls that does not use yeast.
Here's some feedback on the eggless garlic rolls from Deepti Aggarwal:
Feedback from Mano Rama on yeast free garlic bread knots. Mano Rama made it in Dominos garlic bread style and used oregano instead of mint & coriander.