|besan burfi with oatmeal|
My hubby loves boondi laddoo but since we have stopped buying sweets, I decided to give it a try myself. I got inspiration from Poonam Bachhav's kalichee ladoo recipe, though I chose to bake the stuff instead of deep frying it. As a result, I was not able to make proper boondi. Nevertheless, I decided to use the same powder for another innovative recipe. Blended it with oatmeal to make baked besan oatmeal burfi, a mouth-watering end product from my experiment.
Baked besan burfi is a delicious, healthylicious, and simplicious way to dish out a delicacy which is widely popular in the country.
This is my innovation and I share the recipe with you all so you can enjoy it guilt free.
Is Chickpea flour Gluten-free?
Does it contain minerals, vitamins, and fiber?
Gluten free chickpea flour boasts a good amount of fiber and iron.
Does it make a healthy sweet?
Absolutely yes - there are ways to make it even healthier. This chickpea flour sweet uses negligent amount of fat. On top of it, it is baked.
Importance or benefits of OatmealI have talked in length about oat benefits already in several posts. Here's a recap:
Here's another traditional chickpea flour sweet recipe:
|sugarless besan ladoo - chickpea flour gluten free ladoos|
|besan burfi baked|
1 cup- besan (chickpea flour)
1/2 cup- oatmeal
1 tbsp- clarified butter (ghee)
1 tbsp- jaggery powder
1 tsp- cardamom powder
sugar- 2 tbsp (or more depending on your taste)
water to cover sugar and make syrup (we need water to knead soft dough as well)
- Mix besan with jaggery powder and ghee.
- It will be like bread crumbs. You may add little more ghee if you want.
- Add water to make soft dough.
- Take a sevai machine. Pour the soft dough into it. We need the plate with big round holes or any other may also work.
- Take a baking tray and release sev over it.
- Bake for 18-20 mts.
- Take out and let them cool a bit and then grind coarsely. Mix with oatmeal.
- Meanwhile, take a pan. Add sugar, cardamom, and water to it.
- We need to make thick sugar syrup, though not too thick.
- Pour the ground sev powder into the syrup.
- Switch on the flame. Heat on a low flame, mixing constantly.
- If the mixture feels dry, add 1 tsp of water to it and keep mixing until it becomes a mass and gathers in the middle of the utensil.
- Take out on a greased plate or aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Press with a heavy utensil for 1 hour.
- Cut into desired shapes. You may even add crushed nuts over the mixture and then press the dough.
- Enjoy this baked besan oatmeal fudge. My hubby, who does not like besan, loved this lip-smacking treat.
- Here's another take on besan or chana dal burfi with milk. If you want to check sugarless besan ladoo recipe, click here.
- Here's another besan burfi that uses khoya or milk solids. The recipe was shared by my dear friend Anna.