|coffee cake in a mug|
Here, treasures are the recipes that tantalize taste buds and give you something to relish and remember!
Mug cakes are such a breeze. I never knew this until a year back. But then I never had the confidence to try these quick cakes.
Now the time was ripe enough for me to give this microwave mug cake a try after I tried no oil, no butter cake in a mug, getting inspiration from Sangeeta Sethi's eggless mug cake post.
I experimented with the ingredients and voila! The recipe was a hit.
Do check my almond butter microwave mug cake recipe, which is unique, healthy, and of course flavorful. It does not use oil or butter, nor refined flour. Rather, I have chosen the healthiest of ingredients to come up with a quick cake recipe. It gives me a soft, spongy cake.
Need I say it's such a breeze to make cakes in a mug?
Let's come back to this recipe of coffee cake in a mug.
Frankly I do not like coffee. I got a chance to taste cold coffee once when my former boss invited us for a meeting in Cafe Coffee Day and ended up serving us cold coffee. I cannot tell how difficult it was for me to gulp down that huge cup of coffee. Uuuuufffffff.
I badly wanted to run away from that coffee aroma spread in each nook and cranny of Cafe Coffee Day. Unfortunately, I could not!!!
Let's come back to the recipe. Now you must be wondering why I have added coffee to this cake when it is a big NO in my place. Well, I made the mug cake with coffee at Patiala - my parental home. My bhabhi and brother like the flavor of coffee, and I was guiding my sister in law how to make cake in a mug. But I tell you I did taste the cake and it did not disappoint me. Rather, my mom and dad, too, loved the cake, though they hardly eat cakes!!
Could I be happier?
The best thing about mug cakes is:
- you can bake them in solo mode (no convection mode required)
- you can experiment with ingredients of your choice
- these are quick to make - 2-3 minutes and you are done
- these are quickest cakes ever and never disappoint
- you do not need fancy utensils - just a microwave-proof mug and that's it
- you can even add all the mug cake ingredients together in the baking mug and fold them gently - no greasing required
Now the coffee cake in a mug no egg was such a hit that my bhabhi was on cloud 9, since she has been looking for quick cake recipes.
She tried the cake twice when I was there. But the cake would bake quickly and it would disappear at the same speed. So no clicks were possible.
Today, she tried the microwave mug cake again and sent me the pics. So I could share the same with you all. Happy me!
I am obsessed with these quickie mug cakes. I plan to bake these more often than the usual cakes.
6 tbsp- whole wheat flour
2 tbsp- oil/cream/malai/almond butter
1 small packet- coffee
3 tbsp- sugar
1 tbsp- thick curd (optional)
1/4 tsp- baking soda
1/2 tsp- lime juice/vinegar
4 tbsp- water (more or less required to reach the right batter consistency -- should be like idli batter that flows and does not break)
Coffee Flavored Mug Cake Procedure
|mug cake eggless|
- Mix whole wheat flour, baking soda, coffee powder. Keep aside.
- Mix oil, sugar, curd, and lime juice until the mixture gets light & fluffy.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. Do not overdo.
- I do this step with hands. Just fold the ingredients in one direction.
- You may garnish with nuts of your choice.
- Grease a microwave proof mug for cake.
- Pour the coffee cake ingredients into the greased mug.
- Set your microwave (my bhabhi baked it in solo microwave) at high temperature and bake for 3 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake after 2 minutes. Setting may vary from one microwave to another. It may take you 2 to 3 minutes to bake one.
- Let the mug cake cool for half an hour before you take it out from the mug.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy the super delicious coffee cake in a mug with no egg when you are craving for something sweet and want it urgently.
- Certainly this recipe is a keeper. With all the ingredients handy at all homes, you certainly want to try it now!
- You may want to try eggless, no oil mug cake. Click here.