|diabetes friendly recipes|
It is a pain to see them take insulin injections three times a day - yes, thrice every day before every single meal.
So I have seen it all - I must say after having been diagnosed with diabetes, they have been strict with their regimen. Perhaps they do fail to follow their regimen once or twice during family functions and ceremonies.
But nevertheless, they are doing well with their diabetes management!
What Diabetes? How to manage diabetes symptoms?
some people hold the belief that "a recipe that does not use sugar is diabetes friendly."
How far is it true?
Well, no sugar does not mean diabetes friendly!
There are certain foods and fruits that you would want to avoid as a diabetic - with the most common being banana, mango, dates.
Apple,orange, guava are diabetes friendly fruits :)
Diabetes friendly food means:
- No Sugar
- No refined flour
- No fat
- No high cholesterol foods
- No processed food
- More fiber
- More grains
- Avoid more carbs/calories
- Not too much sodium
- Choose low calorie beverages
- Avoid sugary drinks
- Get more non-starchy veggies
- Choose fresh fruit juice - still better to eat fruits than savor juice
- Say no to packed fruit drinks
- No diet sodas/no cold drinks
- Eating at regular intervals
- Not indulging in overeating to prevent blood sugar spikes
- Regular physical exercise
- Regular blood sugar tests
- Monitoring blood glucose levels
- Managing hunger pangs without munching on snacks
- More water intake (keeping your renal function in mind)
- Go nuts
- Go for fish than meat
- More omega-3 intake to avoid diabetic neuropathy
- Bye-bye to deep fried stuff
- Select cookies carefully without trans fat
- Leave aside fried chicken, which is rich in carb & calories
- Avoid hidden sugar (check labels for content information)
- Avoid frozen meals
- No flavored water
- Take fruit than juice - to derive fiber
- Eat meals regularly & timely
- Go for smaller plates
- No overloaded potion sizes
- Eat more beans
|food for diabetics|
But there are many diabetes myths that you should bust and be unwilling to follow without careful consideration.
This page will connect you with diabetes friendly recipes, diabetes information, food for diabetics, fiber food for diabetics, and anything and everything that can improve your knowledge on diabetes.
- GI: Glycemic foods
- Common diabetes myths busted
- Diabetes-friendly recipe:Crackers for diabetics
- Diabetes children: Learn how diabetes is affecting children today
- Diabetes foods: Need for healthy heating for diabetics
- Diabetes milletus: Learn about most common symptoms of diabetes in children
- What is a diabetic diet?
- What is a metabolic diet for diabetics?
- What to eat in diabetes type 1 or type 2?
- Understanding diabetes: Ketosis and ketoacidosis
- Diabetes friendly recipe: Snacks
- Instant oats mix: A diabetes friendly recipe
- Food for diabetics: Oats idli
- Diabetes diet: Cracked wheat Idlis
- Snacks for diabetes: Oatmeal cutlets (shallow fried)
- Diabetics food: Semolina momos
- Blood sugar levels spike to 500
- Diabetes Food: Idlis with oats and cracked wheat
- Oatmeal Idlis with dalia recipe for diabetics
- Diabetes friendly food: Idlis with ragi and oatmeal
- Diabetes snack recipe: Multigrain Veg Kebabs
- Bhajja Santula: A Blend of Green, Unripe Veggies; Perfect Recipe for Diabetic Meals
- Semolina-vermicelli upma for a healthy breakfast for diabetics
- Poha upma
- Poha cutlets baked
- Rava dosa
- Suji vermicelli upm
- Poha murmura mixture
- Diet snacks
- Oats dhokla
- Instant oats mix
- Red lentil flatbread