|leftover rice tikkis|
You can't get happier than this - bringing smiles on other's faces. Can you?
Not at least in my case. As I am not a foodie, I never cook for myself (except cookies). I cook to get a first-hand experience of healthy recipes. My mission is to find a balance between health & food.
I try to include healthy ingredients in my recipes, so everyone can enjoy healthy recipes. This is why I opened the group "Healthy Recipes by Homemakers" in Facebook, where talented homemakers from across the world share healthy recipes.
This group is an open invitation to anybody willing to share or learn everything about healthy eating.
Healthy Snack Ingredients
1 cup- leftover rice
2 boiled potatoes
2 tbsp- hung curd
salt, haldi, red chilly powder
1 tbsp- oatmeal
|leftover rice cutlets|
- Mash leftover rice to make paste.
- Add boiled potatoes and mash them along with rice.
- Mix hung curd.
- Add coriander powder, salt, haldi, red chilly powder, and coriander leaves.
- Mix well. Make small balls and flatten them with palm to shape them like tikkis.
- Spread oatmeal in a plate.
- Coat tikkis with oatmeal.
- Grease a nonstick pan/tawa.
- Place tikkis and heat on a medium flame.
- Flip sides and enjoy leftover rice tikkis.
- Looking for a traditional delicacy from the state of Odisha? Here is the link to my MIL's coconut-besan tikki.
You may want to try my earlier recipe.