Until a few months back, I could not imagine that ladoos could be made without clarified butter. To me, every ladoo uses ghee. But as my culinary skills continue to improve while my focus remains on health, I have started to experiment with various ingredients.
|no sugar ladoo|
|sugarless recipe ladoo|
If you are looking for a navratri recipe, just use dates and nuts, and skip oats & sesame seeds, and you will get a falahari ladoo recipe :)
No Sugar Ladoo Recipe:
1/2 cup dates (khajur)
2 tbsp -sesame seeds (til)
2 tbsp-oats or powdered and soaked sabudana for navratri (optional)
How to make Sugarfree Ladoo
- Chop dates. Keep aside. If you have refrigerated dates, make sure you keep them outside for 4-5 hours before chopping. This would make chopping easier. My chopper resisted chopping dates, so I used a grinder.
- Add almonds while grinding. Do not grind for too long - just 1-2 minutes would be enough.
- Dry roast sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes. Do not roast for too long.
- Take chopped dates & almonds, roasted sesame seeds, and oats. If you are making a navratri fast recipe, do not add oats. Instead add soaked sabudana or nothing at all.
- Mix everything well.
- Give desired shapes.
- Enjoy this healthy snack, bursting with flavors of nuts and loaded with benefits of oats, sesame seeds, and dates.
What more could you ask for?