This post is for diet food lovers. If you are on diet and are looking for diet snacking, you're at the right place. Here, you will learn how to make diet cookies.
This is a perfect diabetes friendly snack idea.
After having successfully baked besan crackers, oats-wheat salty crackers, ragi (millet flour) crackers, the next was the turn of diet cookies.
These whole wheat crackers are exactly what you're looking for. Easy to make, these healthy diet cookies for weight loss will satisfy your cravings for something sweet, though I have limited the amount of sugar to just 1 tbsp.
This is a guilt-free wheat crackers recipe. Enjoy the crispy crunchy diet cookies with a hot cup of tea or just like that.
Digestives are gaining in popularity. thanks to their health quotient. As more and more people turn health freaks,the demand for diet snacks is growing.
While nuts make the best diet food, crackers or digestives follow closely. Try this digestive cookies recipe with taste hidden in every bite.
Diabetes friendly crackers Ingredients
1 cup- wheat flour
1 cup- oats (ground)
1 tbsp- flax seeds
1/2 cup- crushed corn flakes
3 tsp - olive oil (or any vegetable oil of your choice)
6-7 tsp- chilled water (just make sure the dough is neither dry nor sticky)
2 fat pinches - baking soda
2 tsp- curd/yogurt
1 pinch - salt
1/4 tsp- sesame seeds (til)
1 pinch of - sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp - tea masala (or cardamom/cinnamon/nutmeg powder (jaiphal) ) I added everything
- Preheat the oven (microwave convection) at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Grind oats.
- Add wheat flour and oats powder.
- Mix flax seeds and sesame seeds.
- Add baking soda and crushed corn flakes.
- Add salt and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Add masala.
- Add curd and oil.
- Mix very well until it appears like crumbled bread.
- Add water - 2 tsp at a time. Just make sure the dough is not sticky.
- Place on a flat board and roll into a chapati (should not be too thin or too thick).
- Prick the cookies with a fork (optional). I did not prick the first batch.
- Refirgerate for 15 minutes ( I baked the first batch immediately and refrigerated the remaining dough until the oven was ready.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Your crispy diet crunchies are ready.
- Take out on a wire stand. Let the cookies cool down completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- Enjoy these diet cookies without feeling guilty.
Do not forget to check the digestives biscuit recipe healthy here.
Looking for more healthy recipes? This is the right place to be in. Every recipe posted here can be enjoyed guilt free. Do stop by to check our over 50 oatmeal recipes.