|healthy snack oats methi chop|
If you want a weight loss recipe, then this one can be tried.
If you are on a diet and wish to indulge in a healthy snack, why do not you try this steamed methi chop recipe?
This is one simple recipe that gives you methi oatmeal chops, which are tasty, healthy, and filling.
I have made it a point to include oats in my diet and make sure oat meal finds its way into a majority of my recipes. Today, I decided to experiment with another healthy snack recipe, using oats.
Let's see what I have brought to you from my healthy kitchen. If you are wondering how to cook oatmeal for breakfast or for snacks, this recipe is a must try!
|oats benefits how to make oatmeal delicious|
With the winter season around, this is the best time to enjoy copious growth of methi.
Let's go ahead and savor this herb in different forms to maximize health benefits. Rich in protein, iron, manganese,copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin B, fenugreek is a digestion aid and works as an anti-inflammatory.
Steamed Oats-Methi Chop Ingredients
1/2 cup- oats powder
1/4 cup besan (gram flour)
1/4 cup- suji (semolina)
1/4 cup chopped fresh methi leaves (fenugreek leaves)
1/8 cup- chopped bathua leaves (optional) - you may add coriander leaves (dhaniya)
1 spring onion chopped
2 fat pinches of baking soda/eno
2 tbsp curd
2 tbsp water or more as needed
1 tbsp ginger paste/ground
1 green chilly chopped
1/2 tsp oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
How to make oatmeal delicious
|steamed oats snack|
- Grind oats.
- Mix oats, besan, suji.
- Chop spring onion, ginger, and green chilly.
- Chop methi leaves and bathua leaves.
- Mix chopped greens with oats, besan, and suji mxture.
- Add salt and jeera.
- Add curd & oil and mix everything well.
- Meanwhile prepare the utensil for steaming.
- Take a big vessel/ deep utensil. Add little water. Place a stand in it. Turn on the gas. Cover the vessel.
- Add baking soda to the batter and pour water to make a thick batter - just like idli batter.
- Grease a pan and pour the batter into it.
- Place the utensil in the steaming vessel and cook for 10-15 minutes. It may take longer. Just keep an eye on.
- When it is done, let it cool on a plate or cooling rack.
- Cut into pieces. Let's temper it now.
- Take a skillet. I used my iron skillet (tawa).
- Grease it with oil. Throw some sesame seeds (til) over the tawa.
- Place the pieces over the sesame seeds and let them cook.
- Change sides when one side is roasted.
- Your yummy steamed oats-methi chop is ready. Enjoy this healthy snack.
Post a Comment