Sukha kala chana or dry black chickpeas is a favorite recipe in my home. Prepared specially after ashtami upwas in navratri, kala chana, without gravy, tastes awesome with halwa and poori (though I am not too fond of pooris).
- Soak kala chana overnight.
- In the morning, boil it with enough water.
- Take 1 tsp of ghee, add jeera.
- When it crackles, add kala chana.
- Stir, and then add cumin powder (jeera powder) amchur powder (dry mango powder), red chilli powder (if you eat), and kala namak (black salt).
- Stir and cook (do not add water).
- Perfect recipe for poori & halwa