Surprised, are you?
Well, you no longer need to imagine now.
I have come up with boiled karela-alloo bharta recipe, which makes a lip-smacking delight.
There aren't too many people who love bitter gourd (karela) but if you try this potato-karela bharta, you can help your family derive the benefits of bitter gourd. This simple recipe uses boiled aloo and karela. So no frying needed at all. But tastes yummmm (with little to no bitterness) with the immense benefits of bitter gourd - a MUST TRY for karela lovers, and also for those who do not like this immensely health-friendly vegetable!!!!!!!!!
The karela salad or side dish goes well with lentil curry and rice. If you are an alloo bharta lover, you are almost going to love this unique but delish recipe shared by a Bengali aunt.
Here is the simple, no fuss karela alloo bharta recipe:
- Peel 2 potatoes.
- Wash & keep aside.
- WASH 3 bitter gourds and pressure cook them together with potatoes, adding little salt and turmeric for 2 whistles.
- After boiling, discard the excess water.
- Squeeze karela and mash it along with potatoes.
- No need for any tadka, just add one chopped onion.
- Add 1/2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Check for salt. You can add black pepper. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. That's it!
I have also tried kheera salad or kheera bharta in addition to this karela bharta recipe. Take a look here.