|wheat coconut cookies|
The eggless whole wheat coconut cookies are melt in mouth and make great accompaniments with tea.
Kids love them like anything. I have been in love with coconut cookies since ages. My first attempt at making these eggless whole wheat cookies with coconut was a success.
Here's the simple recipe of atta coconut cookies for you.
1 cup- wheat flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup- butter/ghee ( clarified butter)
powdered sugar - as per taste
1 tsp- milk (optional- if dough feels dry)
Process for baking these eggless atta coconut cookies:1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees C (I own a MW and did the same in convection mode).
2. Take a bowl and mix ghee and sugar. Stir it well to make it fluffy.
3. In another bowl mix wheat flour and dry coconut powder to it. Mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mix. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Do not knead the dough. It should be smooth to touch and not break apart. If needed, add 1 tsp of milk.
6. Make small balls and press them with hand.
7. Line the balls in the baking tray.
8. Place them in the pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes.(You may cook longer if the cookies are not slightly browned).
Your eggless coconut cookies are ready. Enjoy these with a cup of tea and serve them to your guests :)