There is no match to home food. In my endeavor to promote health, wellness, and happiness, I have decided to switch to home-made food in all ways. This includes baking homemade cookies.
There is no denying the fact that I have been greatly successful at doing so.
This recipe came when I had just entered the world of baking, and just taken a dip into the vast ocean. My success at baking these homemade whole wheat cookies with almond meal was enough to give me confidence to sail further in the challenging waters.
A little about these healthy almond whole wheat flour biscuits recipe
|whole wheat cookies|
smile emoticon, with the flavor of fennel seeds. Try these and you would fall in love with home-made almond cookies.
An almond a day keeps you happy and healthy. Loaded with vitamin E, almonds help boost good (HDL) cholesterol in your body, keeping you from several cardiovascular ailments.
If you love almonds, enjoy the richness, benefits, flavor, and taste of almond in every bite. Voila, these almond-wheat flour cookies are an instant hit, with the added aroma of fennel. Reminded me of the most popular bakery in my native place. Try these wheat cookies 'n get addicted to these beauties smile emoticon
1 cup regular wheat flour
1 cup almond meal (method to make almond meal at home given at the bottom)
3/4 cup butter (refrigerated and solid) (I used clarified butter/desi ghee)
1 tsp Baking powder
sugar (depends on taste)
a pinch salt
3/4 tsp dry roasted fennel seeds (you may add green cardamom)
|almond cookie log|
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add almond meal, salt, fennel seeds, and sugar. Mix well.
- Take solidified butter and simply press and rub it with the flour. Make sure it mixes evenly with the flour. No need to knead it like normal dough. Just gather the mixture and make a log.
- Wrap it in a cling film or parchment paper (I used aluminum foil).
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hours. (I initially refrigerated them for 30 minutes). You may keep it longer. (I was left with some dough that I used the next day to make cookies.
- The second day, the biscuits tasted even better. So experience suggests you to keep the dough in the fridge for longer time to get the best results.)
Take out the dough log and cut it into even shapes.
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins and bake the cookies for about 15 mins at the same temperature.
When ready, do not forget to cool the cookies on a stand. Store them in an air-tight container once they have completely cooled.
You may want to try jowar almond cookies. Click here for recipe.
Here's some feedback from Sherine Palanna:
Recipe for Making wheat-almond cookies on gas stove:
You can make these super delectable cookies on gas as well. Take a heavy bottom cooker. Add 2 cups of salt. Place a stand and switch on the flame, with the cooker cover on without the whistle. This will preheat the cooker for 10 mins. When your cookie dough is ready, cut them into pieces. Place them on a greased plate that can fit in the cooker. Bake on a slow flame for 10-15 mins. You can keep an eye on the cookies after 10 mins.
Looking for taste as well as health? Your kids love cookies. So why buy them from the store? Try making them at home, using wheat flour and almonds, with the sweet aroma of fennel. Voila. That's it. Enjoy home-made almond-wheat cookies
Post a Comment