Since papaya is full of health, with its antioxidant content, I decided to use it for a vegetable curry.
7-8 garlic cloves
1 small ginger piece
1 green chilly
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp wheat flour
3 tbsp milk
1 bay leaf
salt, turmeric, water
fresh coriander leaves
|papaya potato curry|
- Cut papaya into small pieces.
- Boil with two whistles.
- Keep aside
- Cut potatoes into equal size.
- Set aside.
- Grind onions, ginger, garlic, chilly, and tomato into fine paste.
- You may grind or puree tomato separately.
- Heat oil.
- Drop a bay leaf.
- Then add the ground onion masala.
- Stir fry.
- Let the masala fry. You may add little water to speed up the frying process. I do this often.
- When the raw smell of masala is gone, add salt. Fry.
- Add turmeric. Stir well. Let the masala cook.
- Add garam masala.
- Next drop potatoes into the masala.
- Stir fry and then keep it covered.
- Cook & cover on slow flame for 5 mins.
- Add papaya and fry for a minute. Now add little water.
- Cook & cover on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take wheat flour and milk. Mix both together.
- Add this milk-wheat mixture to the boiling curry.
- Mix well and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water.
- Cook & cover for 5-10 minutes or until done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy this papaya curry with rice or roti.
Here's papaya stir fry recipe.