|moong oat tikki|
I loved the idea of using parboiled moong dal (yellow lentils) and blending the paste with oats and a mix of vegetables of your choice. I included carrot and peas, as I had only these two vegetables in stock. Nevertheless the outcome did not disappoint; rather, I would love to try the recipe with other lentils as well.
Here's the recipe:
Oatmeal 1/2 CUP + 1/4 CUP
YELLOW MOONG DAL 2/3 CUP
ONION 1 (I didn't add)
Peas - 1/4 cup
GARAM MASALA 1/4 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER 1/4 TSP
OIL 1 tbsp
MILK 2 tbsp
SALT as per taste
- Soak moong dal for an hour and then cook with turmeric for 10 minutes on a low flame. No need for pressure cooking the lentil.
- Drain excess water and allow dal to cool.
- Grind moong dal coarsely without adding any water.
- Mix with oats powder, grated carrot,peas, ginger, red chilli powder,garam masala and salt.
- Combine this nicely and make it into small tikkis.
- Ritu advised to dip the tikkis in milk and then rolling in dry oat powder. I rolled them in oat meal and then applied little milk. You can follow Ritu's step.
- Roast on a greased tawa and cook it by adding little oil on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- I enjoyed the moong dal oat tikkis in lunch.