Surprised, are you?
Well, yes, this is simply the simplest cake recipe ever that gives you the tastiest cake.
What's more, it uses just 3 key ingredients - take biscuits of your choice, add milk to make batter, and little amount of baking soda - that's it!
Here's my another take on biscuit cake. Yes, I bake cookies at home and then use them for baking a cake, though this time again, I chose to steam the cake than baking it. It has come out super soft and yummy!!
I crushed the besan-oats cookies I had baked two days ago and then blended them with powdered cornflakes (2 tbsp). You may skip cornflakes altogether. The no egg biscuit cake no bake would still taste delicious.
This is one biscuit cake recipe in cooker or vessel that you would want to try every time your kids want a spongy cake.
|biscuit cake no bake steamed|
Steamed Biscuit Cake Ingredients
20 biscuits (I used home made; you may choose marie or parle G or hide & seek, oreo or any other cookies available with you)
1/4 cup -Cornflakes powder
1/2-1 cup- milk (depending on the quantity needed for the cake batter)
1 tsp- sugar (you may add more)
cinnamon powder, elaichi
1/4 tsp- baking soda/ eno fruit salt
No Bake Biscuit Cake Procedure
- Take 20-30 biscuits and elaichi, dalchini, and grind them to powder.
- Powder cornflakes.
- Add sugar.
- Add warm milk slowly. We need a cake batter, so make sure you do not pour all the milk at once.
- Place a baking pan in the steamer. Pour the batter in the greased pan. You may top the cake with nuts of your choice. I add almonds to my cookies, so did not top the cake with any nuts.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cover the steamer with a plater.
- Turn the heat on high flame for 10 minutes.
- Then change to slow flame for 20 minutes.
- Your biscuit cake will be ready.
- Yes, this will be a spongy, soft, and melt in mouth biscuit cake. Enjoy!!
- If you want to bake it in microwave, pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180º C. Then you need to bake the cake for 15-20 minutes or little longer until done.
- Here is my first eggless biscuit cake no bake.
Post a Comment