My cookie experimentation spree continues, as I try to include healthy ingredients in my bakes. Yes, baking isn't the best option, but I can't have my tea without cookies, so here's my take on jowar-oats cookies.
The result I have got with this variation of almond cookies is just awesome.
|eggless jowar cookies with sorghum flour|
Wondering how to make oatmeal delicious?
This jowar cookie recipe with oatmeal can come in handy.
Jowar Cookie Ingredients
1/2 cup- jowar flour (sorghum)
1/2 cup-wheat flour
1 cup- oatmeal (grind oats to powder)
1 cup- almond meal (check the procedure to make almond meal here)
3 tbsp- desi ghee (clarified butter)/butter
3 tbsp- oil
2-3 tbsp- milk (to bind the dough)
2 tbsp- sugar powder (I take less sugar, you may add more)
1 tsp- fennel seeds (saunf) I like the aroma of saunf in cookies/you may add cardamom or cinnamon or any other spice
1 tsp- baking powder
Jowar Cookies Procedure
|eggless simple cookie recipe: how to make oatmeal delicious|
- Keep almond meal aside. I add saunf to almond meal. You may mix saunf with the flours.
- Sieve wheat flour, jowar flour, oatmeal, and baking powder. Oatmeal may get struck on the sieve. You may add it again to the flour after sieving it 2-3 times. This will ensure baking powder mixes well with the flour.
- Take a bowl. Add ghee, oil, and sugar. Whisk properly to get a fluffy mixture.
- Add almond meal to the flours.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. The dough may appear crumbly, just like bread crumbs. Worry not. This is exactly what we are aiming for.
- Now add milk 1 tbsp each time. Add more if the dough still feels dry. Remember, we do not want a sticky dough. Milk is added just to gather the ingredients. DO NOT KNEAD.
- Cut the dough into separate logs and cover in aluminum foil.butter paper or parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 mts.
- After 30 minutes. preheat the oven (microwave convection) at 180 degrees for 8 minutes.
- This is the time we will use to give cookie shapes.
- Take out the logs from the fridge and cut into desired shapes.
- Grease the baking tray and palce cookies evenly, ensuring there is good distance between each cookie.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy delicious and healthy cookies with a hot cup of tea.
- Similar to jowar oats cookies, I have tried my hands at different flours. Take a look here.