One is in dalia cookie form!
In fact, your daily diet plans should include some space for cracked wheat.
The best way to cook cracked wheat is in idli form. I love broken wheat or dalia idlis. What about you?
These are a favorite with my hubby!
|dalia cookies with broken wheat|
I have been itching to try my hands at dalia cookies. Previously, I had made whole dalia cookies, but wasn't too happy with the result.
So this time I have come up with a simple cookie recipe with broken wheat.
The cracked wheat cookie recipe includes broken wheat along with other flours.
The result is crunchy cracked wheat cookies, with dalia lending the crunch.You will love these crunchy bites while enjoying the health benefits of this immensely beneficial grain.
|how to cook broken wheat|
3/4 cup- wheat flour (I used multigrain)
1/4 cup- oatmeal
3 tbsp- dry roasted and powdered dalia (cracked wheat)
2 tbsp- olive oil or any other vegetable oil
3 tbsp- ghee (clarified butter)
2 tbsp- curd (or add oil instead)
2 tbsp- milk or as needed if dough feels dry
4 tbsp- sugar (more or less as per your taste - add more as I take less sugar)
3 tbsp- powdered cornflakes
Nuts of your choice (I used roasted kala chana, almonds, and raisins - powdered everything and mixed with flour)
Baking powder- 1tsp
Sesame seeds or til for garnishing (opional)
|how to cook cracked wheat cookies|
How To Cook Broken Wheat: Cookie Recipe
- Sieve wheat flour and baking powder.
- Mix cornflakes powder, oatmeal, powdered dalia, and powdered nuts.
- In a food processor, add oil, ghee, curd, and sugar. Churn it until the mixture gets light & fluffy.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. Do not knead.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk at a time.
- Preheat oven (mw convection) at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Take lemon sized balls and flatten them with palm. You may use a fork to create an imprint on the dalia cookies.
- Place cookies evenly on a greased baking tray and bake for 15-18 mts at 180 degrees.
- Dalia lends crunch to this set of cookies.