|oats pizza no yeast
The authentic pizza recipe uses refined flour (maida) and yeast for fermenting, but I have been trying to avoid all-purpose flour in all of my recipes. In fact, I never buy maida :)
Rather, I prefer to include a variety of whole cereal grains to my meals. After all, health comes first.
These days I am focused on oats and have experimented with this fiber-rich cereal grain innumerable times.
I am in pursuit of healthy recipes. My Facebook group is also about Healthy Recipes by Homemakers, where we encourage homemakers to post healthy food.
Coming back to the no yeast pizza recipe, I decided to experiment with some fermented rice and lentil mixture. Did that disappoint? Glad, it didn't.
You can add your choice of topping ingredients.
Here's the recipe:
1/2 cup- wheat flour
1/2 cup-oatmeal (ground oats powder)
1/4 cup- fermented kitchdi mix (I had soaked rice, yellow moong dal, and red masur dal for kitchdi a day before...I kept some of this mixture for experimentation..so ground everything together and kept it overnight for fermenting..I used this as a levening agent for pizza) If you do not have this fermented mix, you can still make pizza with 1/2 tsp of baking soda +1 tsp of lime juice
1 tbsp-curd (or more for kneading dough if you are using baking soda for leavening)
1/2 tsp sugar
salt as per your taste
Tomato sauce (I have used tomato methi chutney- get the recipe here)
2 tbsp- hung curd +little sugar powder for toppings
Paneer (optional)- for garnishing
|wheat oats pizza no yeast
- Mix wheat flour, oatmeal,salt, sugar, baking soda, and rice-dal mix.
- We need a sticky dough, but not so sticky that it makes working with it difficult.
- You can add little warm milk or water if the dough feels dry.
- Keep aside for an hour in a warm place. Best place is to keep it in a preheated oven.
- Let's prepare topping ingredients.
- Chop onions, tomatoes, and capsicum.
- Mix salt, sugar, coriander powder and hung curd.
- After 10 minutes, roll out the dough like a chapati, but this should be thicker than chapati.
- Prick holes with a fork all over the chapati.
- Spread tomato sauce over the chapati.
- Then spread the hung curd mixture over it.
- Take a tawa (girdle).
- Place a greased nonstick pan over it.
- Place the chapati over it carefully.
- Cover & cook on low flame for 10 minutes or little longer.
- Keep an eye on it.
- Enjoy healthy no yeast pizza prepared in a jiffy.
- This may be a little sour if your dal-rice batter is kept for longer.
- Here is my first pizza recipe without yeast.
- If you are struggling with time and in a hurry, you may want to try super easy, simple, quick roti pizza recipe to satiate your kid's pizza cravings. Trust me, this recipe won't disappoint.