Sourdough Multigrain Bread Recipe Without Yeast by Vishnu Priya Chilaka [Sourdough Whole Wheat Starter Series India]
As all remember, we did a day-by-day whole wheat sourdough starter series in Healthy recipes by Homemakers as well as in Ravneet Bhalla Youtube channel. So Vishnu Priya Chilaka followed the entire series of sourdough starter making with me and successfully came up with her whole wheat starter in Bangalore.
Here's one of her sourdough experiments.
Sourdough Multigrain bread
Inspired by Ravneet, I have experimented a multiseed sourdough bread yesterday.. this bread uses wheat,oats and chiroti rava with goodness of flax, melon, and sesame seeds.. this bread is dense but soft enough to enjoy... happy to share the recipe if anyone interested.. 🙂
Thank you Ravneet for guiding through sourdough world. Your recipes teaches us a lot of basics ... It's like lessons for us to lead a healthy lifestyle... You are a true inspiration for everyone.. ❤️
Below is the recipe -
Ingredients for multigrain sourdough bread India
1 cup - 250 ml
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Oat flour ( grounded instant oats powder) - 1 cup
Chiroti rava - 1 cup
Milk - half cup
Water - 3/4 cup (extra 1 to 2 tablespoons if dough is tight)
Honey - 1 table spoon ( can add one more table spoon for mild sweetness )
Salt - 1 and 1/4 teaspoon for pink salt ( for normal salt 1 teaspoon should be fine)
Active sourdough starter (100% hydration) - 1/3 cup ( 6 table spoons) make sure it's active ( feed it and allow it is raise before use)
Olive oil - 2 to 3 table spoons ( use it only while kneading dough to grease hands in intervals while it is sticking)
Seeds - Any seeds of your choice ( I have black and white sesame, melon and flax seeds handy )
1) Mix wheat, oats, chiroti rava with milk and water and knead it lightly so that chiroti rava gets enough moisture evenly and kept it aside for 1 hour. (Autolyse) . Alternatively, allow chiroti rava to soak in water for 15 mins and mix all the flour and prepare dough. It should be a sticky dough but not too loose and too sticky. Use 1 to 2 tablespoons water if needed)
2) Add honey, salt and sourdough starter and knead it to incorporate well and develop gluten ( took around 20 to 25 mins kneading) to form a smooth dough. Use olive oil to grease ur hand in intervals.
3) Tranfser the dough to a greased bowl and cover it and put in fridge for overnight proofing. min of 8 hrs)
4) Take out the dough from fridge, allow it to come to room temperature, let it raise until doubled ( 2 to 3 hrs ) .
5) flatten the dough gently and incorporate seeds while shaping the dough through folding technique all over and transfer to loaf pan and allow for second proof at room temperature until doubles in size ( 2 hrs )
6) bake the bread at 200 degree celsius for 40 to 45 mins or until done.
7) once the bread is out of the oven, cover with a moist cloth and allow it to cool down completely and make slices.
Please let me know if any queries..