During menstruation, there is a change in hormone levels. As a result, estrogen and progesterone are elevated. This may result in the depletion of magnesium. Mg is known for its role in regulating serotonin, which is the feel-good hormone.
How to relieve menstrual pain?
1. Breathe deeply and meditate to remain stress-free.
2. Drink turmeric water to reduce inflammation.
3. Eat magnesium-rich foods (helps relax muscles and prevents cramps) -spinach, pumpkin and sesame seeds, dark chocolate, and leafy greens.
4. Munch on a handful of almonds, peanuts, walnuts, and cashews for a quick magnesium punch. Mg is known to lift your mood and reduce the risk of water retention.
5. Take Omega 3 fatty acids to reduce period pain and menstrual cramps. Make flax flaxseeds, walnuts, a part of your life.
What drinks stop period pain?
Why are Periods painful?
The main culprit in causing period pain or menstrual crams is the chemical known as prostaglandin, which is made in the uterus lining. They are responsible for muscle and blood vessel contraction. the level of this chemical is the highest on the first day of a menstraul period.
What is the best position to relieve cramps?
What foods should be avoided during periods?
- processed and ultra-processed foods with refined flour
- sugary foods
- high fat foods
- chemical and preservatives
- canned foods that are high in sodium
Which Foods to Eat During Your Period?
Nuts and seeds
1. calcium and vitamin d
3. essential fatty acids and vitamin e
4. vitamin b6 (pista, potato, banana, garbanzo beans)
5. whole grains and colorful fruits & vegetables