Looking for a diabetes friendly recipe?
This is it!
Wondering how to curb those hunger pangs as a diabetic? Then this diabetes friendly snack recipe will come in handy.
One thing is sure - you'll love the outcome
Diabetes diet needs to be monitored closely. If you are watching your intake and want to keep blood sugar levels in control, make sure you munch healthy grains and nuts every 2 hours. Smaller meals at regular intervals is a way to keep your blood glucose levels under check.
This is one diabetes friendly recipe that you want to try for choti choti bhookh!
Ingredients of diabetes friendly snack
2 tbsp- oat meal
2 tbsp- sattu
2 tbsp- ragi
2 tbsp-wheat flour
2 tbsp- suji
1 tbsp- oil
salt, coriander powder, dry red chilly powder
1 radish (mooli)
Few mooli leaves
1 small piece of Ginger
1/2 tsp- flax meal (alsi - optional)
sesame seeds 1 tsp
mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal - 1/2 tsp each
oil- 1/2 tsp
Lime juice (optional)
How To Make Diabetes Friendly Snack
|multigrain veg kebab|
- Grate mooli along with its leaves and ginger.
- Mix all the items listed under "ingredients" very well. I did not use any water for the dough, as mooli releases water.
- Make into two logs.
- Steam the logs for 15 minutes.
- Take out and cut into pieces.
- Heat a nonstick pan.
- Grease with oil.
- Temper with mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and sesame seeds.
- Place the cut pieces evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle coriander powder over each piece.
- Cook & cover on low heat for 5 minutes. Change sides of each piece and again cook & cover.
- Repeat the process until all sides look cooked up.
- Once done, sprinkle some lime juice over the pieces.
- Enjoy this multi-grain veg kebab, which certainly makes a healthy smacking option.