Kaju Katli or cashew burfi is a hot favorite with everyone alike.
Before trying making it at home, I had never imagined it was so simple to make. We would always buy it from a local sweet shop, since all of us are so fond of it.
Here is a simple badam katli or badam burfi recipe for you.
Remember, almonds benefit health in more ways than one, unlike cashews that raise bad cholesterol and fats.
|badam burfi almond fudge|
Kaju Katli Recipe:
Cashew -1 cup
Sugar -1/2 cup
Water -1/4 cup
1/2 tsp-Ghee for greasing plate/aluminum foil
|badam ladoo; fasting recipe|
- Grind cashew & make a fine powder. Make sure it does not become a paste. It should remain coarse. You can grind half cashew first and then the next lot.
- Simultaneously, make sugar syrup, with water and sugar. Bring the sugar syrup to a boil on low flame.
- When it starts boiling & bubbling up, keep stirring.
- Switch off the flame once the syrup reaches one string consistency.
|kaju katli dough|
- Immediately, add powdered cashew. Make sure the flame is off when you add cashew to the syrup.
- Mix well and switch on the flame. Set to low flame.
- Keep stirring.
- The mixture will start to thicken, forming a mass.
- Keep stirring and it will form like a dough in about 7-8 minutes.
- Apply little water on fingers.
- Take little cashew dough and roll between fingers. If it does not stick, that means the dough is ready.
- Turn off the flame and transfer dough to a plate. Knead it well for 1 minute. It will be hot so make sure you do not burn your hands.
- If the mixture gets dry, add 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- Make sure you knead it to a smooth dough.
- Take a greased plate or butter paper/ aluminum foil.
- Grease aluminum foil with ghee.
- Roll the cashew dough into thin layers with a greased rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shapes and enjoy.
Post a Comment