Looking for a healthy sweet recipe with almonds?
Then these cute little almond balls are sure going to appeal to you.
Tried these melt in the mouth delicacies for the first time and they exceeded my expectations
Great for fasting days and equally perfect as a power-packed everyday snack!!!!
You can make almond ladoos with condensed milk alone or sugar syrup following the same style. It was a super easy process.
- Help manage blood glucose levels
- Add dietary fiber and aid in digestion
- Make a powerful snacking option
- Are loaded with vitamins & minerals, making them a complete health food
Health benefits of almonds have been a matter of discussion for centuries, with no controversies whatsoever. Eat them raw or toasted; flakes or sliced, slivered or floured or simply turn them into almond milk or almond butter.
Believe me or not, almond butter makes a great substitute to clarified butter. I have tried an almond butter cake, without adding a single drop of oil or butter and it turned out amazingly delicious.This delicious cake was ready in 2 minutes. yes, this was a mug cake.
You might also want to try almond butter whole wheat cake.
You may also make almond butter kulfi, which is seriously healthylicious and does not use cream or sugar! Almond butter does the magic here while honey adds subtle sweetness to this seriously addictive kulfi.
Trust me, the almond butter kulfi sans oats makes a delicious navratri recipe.
Almonds come with several health benefits. Unlike other types of nuts that are high in bad cholesterol, almonds raise good cholesterol levels. Try this health food and you will fall in love with the recipe!
Another study published in the Cancer Letters claims that almonds may help reduce colon cancer risk. In fact, eat almonds regularly to boost your body's cancer'fighting properties. Of course, you cannot change your genes, but you certainly can alter the behavior of genes with the type and amount of food you eat.
Though almond benefits outnumber their side effects, if you are allergic to nuts, avoid consuming them.
Click here to go to almond-gur chikki recipe, which is another navratri special snacking option.
Almond Ladoos Recipe:
sugar - as per taste
water - Little - 5-6 tbsp (this is just an estimate - we need to make sugar syrup, so please use your own experience & judgment here)
Cream - 1 tbsp
Milk- 1 tbsp
Elaichi (GREEN CARDAMOM)- 1/2tsp
- Boil almonds in hot water for 3-4 minutes ...remove the cover and dry them. I dried them on gas stove in a heavy bottomed pan. You may sun dry them.
- I dried them on gas stove in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Let them cool down a bit and then grind them to powder.
- Mix sugar, elaichi, and water. Let it boil until it turns thick. Mix with milk and cream. Keep on a low flame.
- Add the powder to the water+cream+milk concoction.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and a mass is formed.
- Turn off the flame
- Let it cool little and then knead it like dough.
- Take a greased plate (you can use aluminum foil or parchment paper)
- Put the almond dough on the plate, press it. Give it shapes.
- Enjoy healthy sweet badam ladoos!
Please do not forget to check badam burfi recipe here.
Here is the recipe of 2-ingredient kid-friendly pista badam ladoo.