|chickpea gluten free burfi besan|
Yes, chickpea is gluten free and makes healthy sweets - some of the tastiest delicacies you will ever make.
The iron-rich chickpea flour gives you a good amount of fiber benefits as well. So you can make healthy sweets for Diwali with this gluten free flour.
I have been trying sweets and savories that can be enjoyed guilt free. But I really wanted to try the authentic besan burfi recipe. Since it is Diwali, I have given myself a day's rest from healthy recipes.
Thanks to my dearest friend Anna, I could make this scrumptious delicacy that is simply aromatic and flavorful for Diwali.
Let's see how our moms and grandmothers used to make besan burfi in those days:
Here is my baked version with chickpea gluten free flour. It is absolutely delish and in no way less than the present stuff.
You have got to try this healthy sweet with gluten free chickpea flour to believe me.
|baked chickpea gluten free sweet|
1 cup- mota besan (thick gram flour)
1 cup khoya (leftover material when you make ghee or you can prepare khoya from milk. Home-made khoya recipe is here)
Sugar as per taste
1 cup water
1 tbsp- roasted flax seed powder (alsi) - optional
1 tbsp- ghee
- Take a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add ghee.
- Now roast besan.
- It may take 15-20 minutes. Keep checking.
- Add flax seed powder to besan and roast both.
- When besan has been roasted, mix it with khoya.
- Cook well.
- Keep stirring so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, take water in a pan and add sugar to it. Keep it for boiling. If you want to add green cardamom, include it now.
- Make 3-string sugar syrup (I could make only 1 string, as I was in a hurry)
- Quickly add this to the besan mixture and stir very well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture forms like dough and collects in the center of the pan.
- Also, do not forget to keep a greased plate aside or aluminum foil.
- When the besan burfi dough is done, pour it quickly to the greased foil or plate.
- Press with a heavy utensil.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces when it is still warm.
Thank you Anna for sharing this traditional recipe of besan burfi. I enjoyed savoring it on Diwali day. Also try our chana dal burfi made using milk or sugarless besan ladoo.
Post a Comment