|mani- sweet sour|
Without much ado, let's go to the recipe. I have altered the recipe a bit.
8-10 imli (tamarind) pieces
1 tbsp sugar (or more if you want)
2 tbsp- besan (gram flour)
1/2 tsp- fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
1 tbsp- mustard oil
kasuri methi (optional)
coriander leaves (optional)
- Boil imil in 2 cups of water.
- Take a vessel.
- Add oil.
- Put methi dana.
- Next add besan. In the authentic version, they do not roast besan, rather, mix it in 1/2 cup of water and then add.
- Nevertheless even this version tasted good.
- After besan is roasted. Add little amount of water and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
- Now add imli water.
- Add salt, turmeric, and sugar.
- Mix well. Add more water if you want it flowy or soupy.
- Boil for some time.
- Garnish with kasuri methi or coriander leaves. Even this is not included in the original mani recipe.
- Enjoy with rice and roti. The traditional recipe is dal, mani, and chawal (rice).
Post a Comment