Finally, I have given it a try and amazingly, the unique blend of pumpkin and curd tastes yum! I made my own adjustments to the recipe.
1/4 pumpkin (sliced into small pieces)
1 cup- curd
1/2 tsp- mustard seeds
1/4 tsp- chana dal
1/4 tsp- urad dal
sugar- 1 big pinch
roasted jeera powder (cumin seeds)
flax meal (alsi powder)
1/4 tsp- oil
|dosa, kaddu chutney, bengal gram chutney and kaddu raita|
- Boil pumpkin with little salt and turmeric for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
- Let it cool.
- Meanwhile, let's prepare the tempering.
- Put oil in a pain. Drop in mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chana dal and urad dal. Let them crackle.
- Turn off the flame. Add green chilly to the tempering. Keep aside.
- Take the pumpkin pieces and add them to the grinder along with the tempering ingredients.
- Add sugar and black salt.
- Give it a good churn once again.
- Pour this pumpkin mixture into the curd.
- Check for salt. Sprinkle roasted cumin powder and flax meal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy this kaddu ka raita with rice or roti.
- I had it with dosa, kaddu chutney, and bengal gram dal chutney with a twist.
- I kept 1/4 cup of this pumpkin curd mixture aside to make kaddu buttermilk.