Take all the ingredients that you are allowed to enjoy during fast:
1 cup- dahi (curd)
2 tbsp- rajgira atta (amaranth)
green chilly/red chilly
ginger (if allowed) - we need ginger-chilly paste
2 cups of water (or more if you want the kadhi more watery)
Roasted almond powder
Jeera (cumin seeds)
Ghee (clarified butter)
|rajgira kadhi for vrat|
- Mix curd and singhara atta.
- Make sure there aren't any lumps.
- Add salt and water. Whisk well.
- Dry roast 8-10 almonds. Let them cool and then grind into powder. Usually most recipes use peanut powder, but I always substitute it with almonds.
- Take a deep bottom vessel.
- Add ghee.
- When the ghee is hot, add jeera and sabut dhaniya.
- Let them splutter.
- Next add ginger-chilly paste (if you are not using ginger, add chilly).
- Stir fry.
- Now add the dahi batter.
- Keep stirring so that it does not curdle.
- Keep it on low flame while stirring intermittently.
- Add roasted almond powder.
- Stir in between. The kadhi will be ready in 10-15 minutes. I kept it longer though.
- Enjoy the kadhi for fast with rajgira-kuttu roti.
|vrat thali - rajgira kadhi, spiced aloo, dhaniya-pudina chutney|
Post a Comment