|lauki methi sprouts|
So I tried to replace pumpkin with lauki, ghiya, or bottle gourd, which is hated by most young members in Indian households. I must say this is one of the yummiest lauki recipes ever.
Undoubtedly, this is the best way to serve lauki to your family. The humble bottle gourd is rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals and full of easily digestible fiber. It is useful in weight loss, lowering your blood pressure levels, and keeping heart healthy.
Bottle gourd has a cooling effect on the body. Since it is available in plenty in summers, so why not increase your intake of lauki in the hot season and enjoy its benefits. It replenishes water loss from your body.
Let's get back to the lauki methi sprouts recipe:
1/2 cup- methi sprouts
1 boiled potato (optional)
salt, red chilly powder, sambar powder (optional - here is the home made sambar masala recipe)
turmeric, cumin seeds
1 tsp-mustard oil
How to make bottle gourd stir fry: Procedure
|lauki methi sprouts stiry fry|
- Cut lauki into small pieces. Wash and then marinate lauki and boiled potato pieces with salt, turmeric, and sambar masala.
- Keep aside for half an hour.
- Take oil.
- Add jeera. Let it splutter.
- Add the marinated lauki and potato pieces to the oil.
- Next, add methi sprouts.
- Stir fry for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle red chilly powder if you want it spicy.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook & cover.
- Keep checking intermittently after 5-8 minutes.
- The lauki methi sprouts vegetable will be ready in a jiffy!
- Enjoy with rice or roti.
|aloo methi sprouts stir fry|
Post a Comment