Here's my another take on healthy cookies with oats. A healthy blend of oats, wheat flour, besan, and almond meal - nutrients and fiber!
What more could you ask for if you can get cookies with these healthy ingredients?
A favorite with everyone, this healthy nutty oatmeal cookies shows how easy baking with oat flour can be!
1 cup- oatmeal
1/2 cup-wheat flour
1cup- almond meal
3 tbsp- sugar powder
3 tbsp- ghee/clarified butter
3 tbsp- oil
1 tbsp- curd (optional/ or add 1 tbsp oil instead)
3-4 tsp- milk (as required)
1 tsp- baking powder
Crunchy oatmeal cookie Procedure
- Take 15-20 almonds. Boil them and remove their cover. Dry roast them. Keep them aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, sieve flour, baking powder, besan, and oatmeal.
- Whisk sugar, ghee, oil, curd, and elaichi.We want a light, fluffy mixture.
- Check if the almonds have cooled down. Grind them to powder.
- Preheat oven (microwave convection) at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Mix almond powder with the flours.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients.
- Rub with hands.
- Add 1 tsp of milk at a time. We need to gather ingredients.
- Make sure the dough is not sticky. Do not knead - collect the ingredients and you are done.
- Take lemon-size balls and flatten them. Give them cookie shapes.
- Grease a baking tray and place cookies evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 mts at 180 degrees.
- Enjoy crispy, healthy oatmeal cookies with a hot cuppa tea!
- Here are 50 plus healthy whole grain cookie recipes.