|mug cake eggless with almond butter|
Mug cakes are loved by one and all. They are super quick and easy - ready within a couple of minutes, requiring a handful of ingredients. Doesn't that sound good to the ear?
I have never tried my hands at mug cake before. But I really wanted to give it a try. Yesterday was the lucky day!
This microwave mug cake recipe gets inspiration from Sangeeta Sethi ji. The moment I saw her whole wheat mug cake eggless recipe in a group, I was impressed!! Unlike other cake recipes, mug cakes are quick and require no preheating the microwave or convection setting. This doubt was cleared by Sangeeta Chandra, a friend of mine.
Then I decided to just go for it. But since I had home-made almond butter, I did not want to add any other oil or butter.
So my cake in a mug recipe is simple, eggless, butterless, and so addictive! Yes, you have got me right.
What is Almond Butter
Almond butter is super healthy, rich in taste, and of course addictive.Try a recipe with almond butter once, and you cannot stop at experimenting with this healthy ingredient there. I, too, started using almond butter recently. The first time I actually made it at home was when I wanted to try the 2-ingredient nana ice cream. It was a super hit recipe with my friends. I got inspiring feedback from all corners. Yes, I was extremely happy with it.
Next time, I included almond butter in a cake along with oil. The almond butter eggless atta cake was loved by one and all. The aroma of an almond butter cake in a mug or pan makes it different from others. You do not need to add any flavoring agent or spice to add to its aroma! Doesn't that sound good?
Almond butter cookies with oatmeal was another of my trials with this buttery mixture sourced from roasted almonds. Even the almond butter recipe is simple and quick.
Here is how you can make almond butter at home.
|homemade almond butter|
- Clean almonds or wash them quickly.
- Dry roast them until they turn brownish.
- Let them cool.
- Next, take 1/4 tsp of olive oil or any other oil.
- Churn them up along with oil in a grinder.
- Keep processing unless you get the oil oozing from the mixture.
- You may add a hint of cinnamon to add to the flavor.
- This tastes so chocolaty that you will be tempted to savor almond butter at this stage.
- If you can control yourself, well and good. If not, then you will have to make another batch! Yes, this is seriously addictive!!! Boil almond butter in a glass of milk and it makes a delicious almond, chocolaty milkshake for kids and elders alike. You will thank me for this recipe!! Yay!
Almond Butter Benefits
Compared to peanut butter, almond butter has less calories and does not raise bad cholesterol.
- Rich in calcium & copper that facilitate brain cell communication, keep your muscles and skeleton strong . Copper helps in producing melanin, which is crucial for skin rejuvenation. protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun by chewing a few almonds every day. According to Livestrong, "Each 2-tablespoon serving of almond butter contains 111 milligrams of calcium, or 11 percent of the recommended daily intake, as well as 299 micrograms of copper, or one-third of the daily requirement."
- Rich in magnesium and vitamin E that help in synthesizing fatty acids required by the body for energy storage.Vitamin E is good for skin and supports cell communication. If you consume 2 tbsp of almond butter daily, you can boost your vitamin E intake.
- Rich in dietary fiber and healthy unsaturated fat. Healthy fats in almond butter help boost your cardiovascular health, improve good cholesterol levels, reduce bad cholesterol, and lower risk of coronary heart disease. If you take 2 tbsp of almond butter daily, you can improve your fiber by 3.3 grams.
Now let's come back to the no chocolate mug cake recipe. Since it uses almond butter, you do not need any chocolate to add to the flavor.
2 tbsp- jau flour - barley (or you may use wheat flour)
2 tbsp- rice flour (or you may use 4 tbsp in total of wheat flour)
2 tbsp- almond butter
1 tbsp- thick curd
2 tbsp- milk (or little more to get an idli like batter)
1/4 tsp- baking soda + 1/2 tsp- apple cider vinegar
2 tsp- jaggery powder (more or less depending on your taste) -I like it less sweet
- Mix both flours.
- Mix almond butter, curd, milk, dalchini, and jaggery powder.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Finally, mix baking soda and lime juice into the batter.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on top. This will prevent the mug cake from turning rubber like. Since mug cakes bake quickly and the top heats the fastest, there is a risk of the mug cake becoming rubbery. But that won't be the case if you follow this tip. Rather, your cake should turn out moist and fluffy.
- Immediately microwave it for 2 mins. My eggless mug cake recipe in microwave was done in 2:30 mins. It varies from one microwave to another. So keep an eye on your cake in mug after 2 mins.
- Enjoy a delicious, healthy mug cake as an evening snack!
|feedback on mug cake|
Do not forget to try 3-minute coffee mug cake. Get the recipe here.
Feedback on mug cake