I made this batch of crispy, crunchy atta coconut cookies on stovetop. Surprisingly, these came out as crunchy bites that everyone loved with their hot cup of evening tea.
Their smiles made my day! Happy happy me.
Here is my simple tawa cookies recipe.
Eggless Coconut Cookies on Stovetop Ingredients
|tawa coconut cookies|
1 cup- whole wheat flour (atta)
1 cup- dry coconut powder
1 cup- powdered oats (grind rolled oats)
5 tbsp- sugar (you may add more or less as per your taste)
1/2 tsp- baking powder
1/2 tsp- baking soda (for crunch)
4-5 tbsp- cold milk (depending on dough)
4 tbsp- solid desi ghee (refrigerate ghee/butter for 4-5 hours to solidify it)
Coconut Cookies Without Oven Procedure
- Mix flour, coconut powder, and oats powder along with baking soda and baking powder.
- Make sure everything mixes well.
- Add sugar and mix again.
- Cut ghee into small pieces or use a grater to grate it (kadukas).
- Rub ghee into the flour. We need to do this very well. This step will give you crispy cookies.
- Add milk- 1 tbsp at a time. We need to collect the dough, not knead it.
- Make sure the dough is semi soft - should not be sticky or too hard.
- Roll the dough into logs and fold in aluminum foil. You may use parchment paper as well or butter paper.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Grease a steel plate or baking tray.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator.
- Roll out into a chapati - it should be a thick chapati, but not too thick.
- Cut into pieces of desired shapes.
- Place cookies at an even distance on the greased plate.
- Heat a tawa.
- Place a perforated stand on the tawa. Or you may use a small katori.
- Place the greased plate with cookies on the stand.
- Lower the flame and cover the cookie tray with a big vessel or plate.
- Bake on a low flame for 6-8 minutes.
- Change the cookie sides - upside down.
- Cover again and bake for another 6-8 minutes or until they turn little golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from flame when done.
- Place on a cooling rack for an hour.
- Enjoy eggless atta coconut cookies with milk or tea.
- To bake cookies in microwave, preheat it at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Bake cookies for 18-20 mts at 170 degrees.
- Here is a link to my coconut cookies with oats parle style
- Looking for more cookie recipes? Here is a long list of healthy, no maida cookie recipes.