|instant oats mix: healthy ways to eat oatmeal|
Do you like the idea of jhatpat cooking with oatmeal? Imagine being able to make a delectable breakfast bowl with a pot full of health. A superfood, to be precise!
Yes, you have guessed it right! I am talking about my favorire cereal grain - oats.
Who else can talk about oatmeal recipes with so much confidence other than me? Of course, my dear friend Ritu, who is our oats queen, for she has tried multiple ways to cook oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
Yes, there are numerous healthy ways to eat oatmeal.
This instant oat mix recipe comes from Neeru Srikanth of Neeskitchen, which strengthens the bar in favor of oats.
I am bowled over by some of her amazingly healthylicious recipes. She has an incredible recipe collection for health freaks. This oats recipe is inspired by her vegetable oats mix post.
Of course, not everyone likes oats in raw form. But there are various ways as to how to make oatmeal delicious. This blog shares some of the most innovative healthy ways to eat oatmeal. If you are wondering how to bake oats or how to cook oats for breakfast, well, we have you covered here.
You will find an amazing collection of over 100 healthy oatmeal recipes here. From cakes to cookies, from stir fries to snacks, from beverages to desserts and curries, the oatmeal recipe list here is expanding by the day.
Anyway let's come back to this breakfast recipe with oatmeal. What if I say you only need a glass of hot water to prepare a delicious bowl for breakfast? Would you believe my words?
What if I say this oatmeal breakfast mix is all you need to take along for long travel tips? Sounds too good to be true?
Well, what if I say you are going to enjoy every bit of this oatmeal breakfast bowl whether you are at home or away, and that too, guilt free?
Okay let's cut down on the suspense.
Too much of suspense isn't too good for health!
Did I say this is a diabetes friendly recipe?
Yes, oats are a good source of fiber along with essential nutrients. This means they are slowly digested by the body, which slows down the release of glucose. Perhaps this prevents any blood sugar spikes, which could be fatal for diabetics.
So oatmeal for diabetics is a great breakfast, healthy menu option.
|instant oats mix: learn easy way how to make oatmeal delicious|
Ingredients for oats instant mix
1 cup- rolled/instant oats
Thinly chopped veggies of your choice - carrot, peas, beans, capsicum - avoid starchy veggies for this recipe
5 Garlic cloves for flavorSambar masala or rasam powder or any roasted dal powder for additional flavor
1/2 tsp- oil
Nuts of your choice (almonds/walnuts)
How to make oatmeal delicious Procedure
- Thinly slice or chop all vegetables, including onion.
- Mince garlic cloves and mix with chopped vegetables.
- Take a wide bowl, add all chopped vegetables along with salt, turmeric, sambar masala or rasam powder, and oil.
- Add oats.
- Mix well. Leave the oats mixture marinated for 1 hour. I kept it overnight though in cold weather.
- Now take an oven-proof or microwave-safe tray and grease the same.
- Pour this mixture over the tray and add chopped nuts. Microwave it on high for 5 mins or until everything turns crispy. It took my mom's microwave 20 mts on high. But micrwave or oven settings vary, so keep an eye on it after every 5 mins. We do not want it to burn out.
- Leave it for sometime to cool down.
- Your instant oats mix is ready. Store it in an airtight container for a week and enjoy healthy breakfast like never before.
- Next time you want to enjoy a healthylicious breakfast bowl, take hot water in a cup, add the desired quantity of oats mix and let it rest for a few minutes. Enjoy health the oats way!
- This is just one of the many healthy ways to eat oatmeal. Do check out our extensive homemade oatmeal recipe collection.