Home Remedy for Cold: Besan Sheera (A Lip-Smacking Blend of Chickpea Flour & Milk Flavored with Spices)
Home remedies for common cold and cough are tried and tested and shared by our grandmoms. These home remedies of nanis and dadis are both effective and yummy.
The monsoon is a time to enjoy rains 'n fall ill! Ooops, sorry but it's true for most of us! This is that time of the year when a number of us suffer from a severe bout of cold (yea - you may count those low on immunity). Yes, common cold can bring quite irritating symptoms.
The changing weather also has an impact n our health. When autumn knocks at our doors, most of us tend to fall ill, especially those with low immunity.
Nevertheless, I have come up with a delectable home remedy for initial cold symptoms.
While you will relish each sip of this soupy sheera, you will surely get relief from cold symptoms :) With the addition of black pepper and turmeric, this becomes a home remedy for cold you would always want to try. It gives me immense relief from cold, while tempting the taste buds! High in calories, with the addition of desi ghee (clarified butter) used for roasting gram flour (besan), this is nevertheless a must try for its sheer taste n aroma :)
Here's presenting besan sheera - a popular dessert and remedy for common cold!!! Has been relished by my family since ages
1/4 cup besan
1 cup milk
sugar as per taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 tsp -dry ginger powder (or fresh grated)- optional
- Add ghee to a pan.
- Let's roast almonds first.
- Add 1/4tsp of black pepper. Roast well.
- Then add besan and roast until the sweet aroma of roasted besan fills your kitchen! Of course, it will be little browned as well.
- Now it's time to add turmeric and ginger. Stir well.
- Add sugar. Stir.
- Then add milk in batches so that no lumps are formed. Keep stirring and adding milk. Give it a good boil. Do not boil too much if you want it to be soupy!! We do not want it to thicken like a gravy.
- You can add more milk if you wish to make it more flowy. That's it - enjoy every sip of this immensely beneficial remedy for cold :) Serve hot!
Here's one tried-n-tested dry cough remedy suggested by Anita Chahal aunty ji from my group "Healthy Recipes by Homemakers"
|dry cough remedy|
|cough cold remedy by Deepti Aggarwal|
|cough remedy by Anita Chahal|