I am not fond of custard, unlike hubby who loves it. Nevertheless, while browsing through a food group, I came across Soniya Saluja's whole wheat custard cookie recipe. The cookie clicks tempted me into trying out the recipe myself.
Here's the recipe:
1 cup - wheat flour
1/4 cup - custard powder
3 tbsp- powdered sugar (as per taste)
1/4 cup - olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
2 tbsp -milk
1/4 tsp - baking soda
1/4 tsp- baking powder
Cardamom/cinnamon (or any essence of your choice)
pinch of salt
Custard cookie procedure:
- Preheat oven (mw convection) at 180 degrees for 10 mins.
- Sieve wheat, custard, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add sugar.
- Next, add cardamom or cinnamon.
- Now add oil and mix well.
- Add milk if the dough feels dry.
- Roll out into small lemon-size balls and press them gently with your palm.
- Use a fork or knife to make design on the cookies.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Place cookies at a distance from each other.
- Bake wheat custard cookies at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
- Cool on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy these Christmas goodies with a hot cup of tea.
- Don't they make great Christmas gifts for a loved one?