|carrot capsicum dal|
I have tried different vegetables and blended them with arhar and chana dals but ever experimented with capsicum. This time I have gone ahead and used capsicum in moong dal along with carrot, after I came across a similar recipe in Yummy Tummy blog. My experiment was a success. Happy me!
Let's get back to the recipe!
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
1 Garlic pod (10-15 garlic cloves)
1 dry red chilly, green chilly
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
coriander leaves, curry leaves (kadipatta)
1 tbsp- oil
1 1/2- 2 cups water
- Soak dal for half an hour.
- Drain and keep aside,
- Chop carrots and capsicum.
- Gather dal , carrots, and capsicum in a pressure cooker.
- Add water, salt, turmeric, 10 garlic cloves or more, whole tomato, and green chilly.
- Turn off the flame after 3-4 whistles.
- Open the cooker and take out the tomato.
- Take a pan.
- Add oil/ghee.
- Drop 1 pinch of hing into the oil.
- Let it sizzle.
- Add dry red chilly and fenugreek seeds (you may add mustard seeds as well).
- Throw some curry leaves in the pan. Let them splutter.
- Next add the remaining garlic cloves. Stir a little.
- Now add the boiled tomato.
- Add salt, jeera powder, and turmeric (if needed).
- Pour the boiled dal and mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala if you want. I did :)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy with roti or rice.
Interested in shalgam chana dal or dalma? Click here.