|how to cook gingerbread cake|
Baking with whole grains can be addictive, especially if you love cakes.
If you spice it up with ginger, you get a delicious spicy cake with atta. Oh yea - a ginger cake.
This is a simple gur gingerbread cake with whole wheat. Call it atta cake or ginger cake, it is bursting with flavors from roasted nuts and spiced up with ginger juices.
Yes, the cake does not use sugar, substituting it with jaggery powder. For a spicy twist, I have added ginger. It works as a tea cake. You may make a dense ginger cake with just 4 key ingredients - eliminate milk, curd, and oil from the recipe and replace them with clarified butter to make a dense tea cake that everyone will love.
But mine is a healthier and lighter version of tea cake with ginger.
|eggless gingerbread cake with whole wheat|
Eggless Ginger Cake Ingredients
wheat - 1 cup
suji/semolina- 1 tbsp
Oatmeal- 2 tbsp (optional)
Ghee/butter- 2 tsp
Oil-3 tsp (you may substitute with ghee for richness and taste)
curd- 3 tbsp
Ginger- 2 tsp
Milk- 1/4 cup
Lime juice/vinegar- 1 tsp
Gur powder (jaggery) -4 tbsp or more - depending on your sweet tooth
baking powder-1 tsp
baking soda-1/2 tsp
roasted flax powder - 1 tbsp
Lukewarm Water- 3 tbsp
Roasted almonds, nuts
cinnamon powder (dalchini)
How To Bake Eggless Wheat Ginger Cake
- Mix flax meal and water. Keep aside. Adding flax is completely optional.
- Mix milk with lime juice/vinegar. Set aside.
- Sieve baking powder, baking soda, wheat, suji, and oatmeal three times.
- In a separate bowl, take oil, ghee/butter, curd and jaggery powder. Add cardamom and fennel. Throw in grated ginger. Mix flax meal mixture. Whisk well until fluffy.
- Preheat oven (microwave convection) at 160 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Mix wet with dry ingredients. Add the wet mixture little by little. Mix with hands.
- It will be a loose sticky dough - not batter.
- Top the gur ginger cake with roasted nuts.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes. Time may vary from one oven to another. I have used my microwave convection for baking.
- Enjoy this eggless wheat ginger cake with a cup of hot tea.