|mango oats kulfi|
I added oats to my kulfi a couple of days back. It did not disappoint. Rather, I loved how oatmeal adds that creamy layer to the kulfi, without the need to add cream. This means this recipe gives you no extra calories from cream while offering the benefit of fiber. No health freak would ever want to miss this mango kulfi. Will you?
Anyway let's come back to the healthy dessert recipe.
1 mango -pureed
1 tbsp- oatmeal (you may dry roast oats first - I didn't)
2 tbsp- thick/hung curd (check the above video to learn how to make instant hung curd at home- no cloth, no hanging required)
1 tsp- roohafzaah/rose essence (you may add more since we are not including sugar in the recipe - I like it less sweet, so added 1 tsp)
Mango Oats Kulfi Procedure
|no cream mango oatmeal kulfi|
- Mix oatmeal and milk. Keep for boiling on slow flame. Let the mixture thicken like a gravy.
- Meanwhile puree mangoes.
- Let the oatmeal milk mixture cool down.
- Add the milk-oatmeal mixture to mango puree, hung curd, and roohafzaah. Run the grinder for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out and pour in kulfi moulds.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Chill for 4-5 hours and enjoy.
- Check my badaam oats kulfi here.
I have also experimented with another healthy dessert recipe - mango oats peda. Check the recipe here.
Feedback from Anu Lahar on mango oatmeal kulfi - a healthy dessert.