|oats coconut cookies|
Oats is a must-include ingredient in most of my cookie recipes.
My cookie recipes use less butter; rather, I prefer to substitute butter with oil, which is little healthier than clarified butter. Milk and curd make great binding agents. Curd is a perfect substitute to eggs.
oats coconut cookies, wheat coconut cookies, and atta coconut cookies.
|coconut oats cookies|
1 cup- powdered oats
1 cup- dry coconut powder
1/2 cup- atta (wheat flour)
1/4 cup- suji (semolina)
1/4 cup- besan (gram flour/chickpea flour)
1 tbsp- curd
2 tbsp- ghee
1 tsp- baking powder (I used 1/2 tsp- baking soda instead)
1 tbsp- milk (or more if the dough feels dry)
- Add oats, coconut powder, atta, suji, besan, and baking powder to the grinder.
- Run the processor so that baking powder mixes well.
- Add ghee, curd, oil and run the processor again.
- Take out the mixture in a plate/bowl.
- Add milk if the dough feels dry.
- Should be a soft dough -though not too soft.
- Preheat oven (mw convection) at 180 degrees for 8-10 mts.
- Roll out into shapes of your choice.
- Bake for 15 mts at 180 degrees.
- Take out on a cooling rack. ENjoy!