Moong dal cookies? Aromatic, flavorful, crunchy, and wholesome – this is how I define this batch of wholesome moong dal cookies. Wondering what makes this moong dal biscuit wholesome? Well, a mix of proteins, carbs, and dietary fiber is all you need to make this wholesome batch of cookies with moong dal.
The simple cookie recipe is
|moong dal bicuits with oatmeal|
The simple cookie recipe is
- quick to process
- rustic in taste
- aromatic enough to tempt your taste buds
- rich in fiber from oatmeal
- packed with proteins from yellow lentils
- a no sugar, no maida recipe
With so many plus points associated with this unique moong dal recipe, would you like to wait before baking a fresh batch of yellow lentil cookies for kids and elders alike?
If you do choose to wait, you are seriously doing injustice to your family. How?
Well, you are keeping your loved ones from tasting a wholesome cookie that is just perfect for tea time.
|yellow lentil cookies - moong dal biscuits with oatmeal|
Dunk these oatmeal cookies in a glass of warm milk and feel blessed to have tried it.
I won;t believe if this no grain cookie recipe with moong dal doesn't become a family favorite.
Enough of self-praise!
A little about the star ingredient - moong dal!
Easy to digest, yellow moong dal is sourced from skinned, split moong beans .
A powerhouse of nutrition, moong beans are a rich source of dietary fiber, proteins, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids.
|moong dal cookies -biscuits|
|how to make oatmeal delicious with moong dal|
A moong dal curry is all you need with a couple of rotis, pickle, and curd to make a complete meal. I love yellow lentil recipes of my mom.
She makes moong dal palak or spinach curry, which is simply out of the world - with key ingredients being yellow lentils, spinach, ginger.
Blend and puree the ingredients to make a wholesome soup recipe with moong dal!
Anyway let's come back to the moong dal biscuit recipe.
Let's see what we need for dhal biscuits:
1 cup - roasted moong dal (dehusked green gram lentil - yellow)
1/2 cup oatmeal (or 2 tbsp more if the dough gets sticky) - just the video above to learn how to make oatmeal at home
2 tbsp- olive oil
2 tbsp- ghee/unsalted butter/clarified butter
4 tsp- jaggery powder or sugar powder (please add more as per your taste preferences - I take less sugar)
1/2 tsp- baking soda
1-2 tbsp- milk or curd water (I have used curd water)
Pinch- rock salt (or common salt)
Til/sesame seeds (optional -just for garnishing)
How to make oatmeal delicious with moong dal:
- Dry roast moong dal if you do not have a pre-roasted lentil powder. I washed the dal the previous day and then dry roasted it. Then it was time for grinding it into aromatic powder to be used for different moong dal recipes.
- Mix both flours and add baking soda and salt.
- Next, in a separate bowl, mix ghee with olive oil and jaggery powder.
- Whisk the liquid ingredients well until combined and fluffy.
- Now drop in the dry ingredients and start combining everything.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Do the ingredients come together? If not add water/milk/ curd water to bind the dough.
- Make a log and cover it with a cling film or aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven (microwave convection mode) at 170 degrees for 10 mts. This is my airfryer cookie recipe, so I used airfryer for the same.
- Roll out the dough into a thick chapati - should not be too thick nor too thin.
- Cut into cookie shapes with a cookie cutter or whatever you have.
- Bake or airfry at 170 degrees for 10 mts. The moong dhal cookies may take a couple of minutes extra. So just keep an eye on them.
- The brown tint is due to the addition of jaggery. If you use sugar, you will get a beautiful yellow!
- Enjoy a fresh batch of yellow lentil biscuits with a cup of tea or milk.
- Munch on these deliciously baked beauties and travel back in times - the flavor and aroma of moong dal is overpowering! I am loving these beauties.
- What about you? Do try this simple cookie recipe at home.
- Here are more moong dal recipes for you to try out:
|steamed moong dal ladoos|
|zero oil moong dal burfi|
|moong dal recipe burfi|
|dry moong dal|
|moong dal dosa|
|moong dal recipe vada -zero oil|
|moong dal tikki recipe|
Post a Comment