The kachoris really turned out awesome.
1 cup suji
2 cups water
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
1/2 tsp oil +1/4 tsp for greasing (more or less depending on your preference)
- Take oil in a pan.
- Heat on medium flame.
- Add jeera. Let it splutter.
- Add carom seeds. Stir.
- Add salt and water.
- Mix well
- Add suji. Keep stirring on low flame until it forms a lump.
2 Boiled potatoes
1/8 cup Boiled peas (more or less)
Any other vegetable you may wish to add
Mix everything well. You may want to fry potatoes.
- Grease your hands with little oil and make small balls of suji mixture.
- Flatten each ball and add the filling in each. Make a ball again and properly close the ends.
- Grease appe/paniyaram/aebleskiver pan.
- Add each ball to the panirayam pan.
- Cover & cook. Place a skillet (tawa) underneath the pan and turn the heat on full.
- Keep checking in between. Do not forget to keep turning the kachoris time and again so that they do not burn.
- Enjoy with chutney or condiment of your choice.
- I served them with home-made amla candy-imli chutney.
Post a Comment