Baking with oat flour is easy if you add the right amount of ingredients.
Oatmeal makes a perfect snack when blended with other whole grains. Rich in fiber and calcium, oatmeal and ragi flour make a perfect blend.
|savory ragi crackers|
1 cup- Ragi flour
1/2 cup - wheat flour
3/4 cup - Oats
1 tbsp- curd
5-6 tbsp - chilled water (you may need little more water)
3 tbsp- olive oil (or any vegetable oil)
Salt as per taste
Red chilly flakes
1 tsp - Roasted flax seed powder (alsi)
1/2 tsp - Sesame seeds (roasted) - optional
1/4tsp- Ajwain/carom seeds
1/2tsp or more- cumin seeds/ jeera
1/2 tsp -Ginger paste
1 fat pinch of baking soda
1 pinch sugar
You can add any spices or herbs of your choice
Baking with whole Grains Process
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- Roast ragi flour for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Roast oats for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool down and grind to coarse powder.
- Mix oats, wheat, and ragi flour.
- Add salt, red chilly flakes, flax seeds, sugar, carom seeds, jeera, ginger paste, and baking soda. You may add sesame seeds at this stage or garnish the chips with them.
- Add baking soda.
- Add olive oil and curd. Mix well. The atta will appear like bread crumbs.
- Add 3 tbsp of water first. Do not add all the water together. We do not want a sticky dough.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-18 mins.
- Let the ragi crackers cool down.
- Enjoy these salty chips with a hot cup of tea.
If you are interested to make yeast-free ragi bread, click here.
Post a Comment