|mix vegetable parantha for breakfast|
Being a Punjabi, I have a fondness for paranthas, though I try to make low-calorie paranthas, using least amount of oil, instead of clarified butter. Anyway, I add oats and ragi flour to wheat flour to knead my daily dough for rotis and paranthas.
This time I added finely chopped carrot, capsicum, peas, ginger and sprouts to the dough and made mix veg paranthas. These Indian flat bread rotis are healthier form of paranthas and taste great. I enjoyed these with sweet amla chutney.
wheat flour - 1 cup
ragi flour - 1/4 cup
Oatmeal (powder)- 1/4 cup
carom seeds (ajwain)
Chopped Vegetables of your choice (carrot, capsicum, peas, cauliflower, methi)
- Mix everything and make a semi-soft dough.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out into chapatis or paranthas.
- Fry using little oil/ghee on either side or both sides. I usually apply oil only on one side.
- Enjoy with pickle or curd or even ginger tea.