|almond butter cookies|
If you love almonds, that too rustic nuts, then this butterless cookie recipe is a must try. If you are watching your weight, then you ought to try this eggless cookie recipe once. If you think cookies do not make any sense without butter, try this healthy cookie recipe. If you wonder how cookies taste without butter, then this almond butter cookie recipe can come in handy.
You have read, tried, and mastered many cookie recipes, but this one is different and promises to give you a healthy batch of oatmeal cookie recipe without butter. Yes, you will find many healthy cookie recipes in this website alone, but this one is different. If I say this is healthier, I won't be wrong.
Churned out with just 3 ingredients, this almond butter cookie vegan recipe gives you delicious bites. Did I tell you this cookie batch does not use either baking soda or baking powder? Of course, there aren't any leavening agents used.
Now you must be wondering what gives these eggless cookie recipes using almond butter the crunch or whether these are chewy almond butter cookies or crunchy ones.
Yes, these are a little chewy almond butter cookies the first day, with the rustic taste of roasted almonds that make up almond butter. But they should become crunchy the next day.
While almond butter oozes oil, flax meal egg makes a handy addition to the cookie recipe with oatmeal.
|crunchy butter almond thin cookie recipe|
I had two options - either add whole wheat flour, multi grain flour or oatmeal.
I opted for oatmeal!
Doesn't that give you a healthy batch of cookies?
Let's see how to bake a healthy cookie batch with 3 ingredients.
|Almond butter benefits|
|flax seeds benefits|
Cookie Recipe With Almond Butter Ingredients
4 tsp- almond butter (here is the homemade almond butter recipe)
8 tsp- oatmeal/oats powder/powdered oats
2 tsp or more- jaggery powder (shakkar/gur)
1 tsp- flax meal - alsi (optional)
Cinnamon (dalchini), elaichi, or fennel powder(saunf) - optional - you are free to choose spices
Wondering how healthy oatmeal cookie no sugar recipe will taste? Try the recipe for yourself and see the results.
- Soak roasted flax meal in 3 tsp of lukewarm water or milk for 10 mts. We will get gooey egg-like paste. This is known as flax meal egg :)
- Grind oats to powder.
- Take a food processor or grinder.
- Throw in almond butter, oatmeal, gur powder/shakkar and flax meal paste.Add any spices of your choice. I added dalchini
- Give a few churns.
- Add extra 1-2 tsp of oatmeal if the dough seems sticky. My dough was very sticky, so I added 2-3 tsp of oatmeal while bringing the dough together.
- Worry not if the dough is loose. But make sure it should not be too loose. If it still feels loose, add 1-2 tsp of extra oats powder.
- Make a log and cover with a cling film or aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate for 30 mts.
- Preheat the oven (mw convection) at 180 degree for 10 mts.
- Take out the log of dough and roll it into a thick chapati (should not be too thin nor too thick).
- Cut into different shapes of cookie and bake for 14 mts at 180 degrees. The cookies are chewy initially and should become crunchy the next day.
- Let the butter almond thin cookies remain in the oven until they cool down.
- Take the homemade almond butter cookies out on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with coffee or tea.
Here is another almond butter recipe you may want to try. Almond butter makes a delicious combination with oats, so I have combined both to make no cream almond butter kulfi.
|almond butter kulfi|
Post a Comment