As a great source of fiber, cracked wheat complements your dietary program. It is rich in vitamin B, which raises the health quotient of dalia or cracked wheat, making it a must-include ingredient on your daily diet and menu list. If you are looking for healthy recipes, then including cracked wheat in your diet is crucial. I find dalia for weight loss by Baba Ramdev as crystal clear and pure, so I have been buying both barley and whole wheat dalia from Patanjali stores.
Anyway, the cracked berries of whole wheat are distinctively nutty. A low calorie, versatile ingredient, cracked wheat is loaded with nutrients.
Is Cracked Wheat for Weight Loss Good?
Broken wheat belongs to the family of whole grain foods, which are critical to maintaining a healthy body weight.
Studies reveal that cracked wheat for weight loss is no joke. A Harvard Medical School study found that including whole grains in your diet aid considerably in weight loss compared to refined grains, such as maida or white flour. Alternatively, refined flours, including all-purpose flour or bread flour, raised the rate of metabolic syndrome, which further complicates conditions for the heart,raising risk of heart ailments, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Broken wheat benefits health in more ways than one, and including whole grains lowers the rate of metabolic syndrome and thus reducing risk of heart ailments and metabolism-related problems.
Rich in magnesium, a body building mineral, helping in over 300 reactions in your body. Amazing, isn't it? Magnesium benefits for health in a number of ways. It is required for
- bone health,
- energy production,
- nervous system balance,
- normal immune function,
- inflammation control
- blood sugar control
Since dalia or cracked wheat is high in magnesium, it stands out from some other whole grains as a nutritional source for the body. For more magnesium benefits, walk over here.
|cracked wheat recipe|
|broken wheat health benefits|
Cracked wheat nutritional values
Still wondering why broken wheat must be a part of your diet. Check dalia nutrition value below:
1/4 cup of cracked wheat gives you 5gram of fiber.
Now if you are wondering how to cook cracked wheat, you will find many broken wheat recipes here. Baking with cracked wheat is easy, though I have done that only once- made broken wheat muffins in appe pan.
Here's one easy yummy and full of nutrition cracked wheat recipe that you would want to try now itself:
Call it Broken Wheat Porridge or cracked wheat mish mash or dalia pulav, this dalia recipe for weight loss will soon become a regular in your weekly meal plans. The garlicky flavor in this dalia recipe takes it to another level. It's a breeze to process this broken wheat recipe - one pot one shot! Yay! It's that easy.
|dalia benefits for weight loss recipe|
1/2 cup dalia
1/2 cup moong masur dal (you may take either yellow lentils or pink lentils or both of equal quantity)
Vegetables of your choice (I added 1 carrot, handful of peas and beans)
1 cup water or just enough to soak ingredients in pressure cooker
jeera or cumin seeds
2 tbsp curd
1 tsp ghee/oil
Pinch of sugar(optional)
How To Cook Cracked Wheat: Procedure
- Dry roast dalia.
- Soak both lentils together for 1 hour. I soaked for almost 4 hours though.
- Chop vegetables and marinate them with salt and curd.
- Take a 2-or 3-liter pressure cooker.
- Add oil or ghee. Do NOT TURN on the flame yet.
- Thrown in pounded garlic and cumin seeds. Drop chopped vegetables and soaked lentils into the cooker. Spread them evenly in the cooker.
- Add dalia,water, salt, tomato, garam masala, and green chilly. We need enough water to ensure all ingredients are just soaked. Do not pour in too much water. It might make dalia meshy.
- Everything should be layered evenly.
- Spread a layer of coriander leaves atop. Cover the lid and turn on the flame.
- Keep the flame to medium.
- Turn off the flame after 10 mts. Let the pressure release on its own.
- Your yummy dalia pulav or cracked wheat porridge is ready.
- Sprinkle lime juice mixed with a pinch of sugar for a tangy twist.
- Yummy, flavorful, and packed with energy is this cracked wheat recipe.
- Now that you know cracked wheat/dalia benefits for weight loss, do not miss out on my dalia idli recipe. It's a keeper for sure.!