|oats almond crackers
So I nipped my idea in the bud and decided to bake another batch of healthy cookies. I can say this is one of the healthiest ever baked by me because it uses small amount of ghee (clarified butter) and not a pinch of baking powder or any leveaning agents.
I am so happy with the result that I wanted to share with you all. The last time I didn't add baking powder to my cookies was when I was a newbie in the baking arena. That almond meal cookie batch was the tastiest ever but was hard on the teeth, since I used neither ghee, nor baking powder. S the cookies turned out hard, but they tasted awesome. Thanks to my teeth that bore the brunt then..
But this time, I have included 2 tbsp of ghee to soften the cookies. Voila! The result is unexpectedly delicious.
Without much ado, here's the recipe
Eggless Atta Cookie Ingredients
|almond oats crackers
1/2 cup atta
1/2 cup-oats powder
1/2 cup- almond meal (here is the recipe to make almond meal at home)
2 tbsp- ghee (clarified butter)
3 tbsp- sugar powder (more or less depending on your taste)
2 tsp- curd
2tsp- milk (more or less depending on the dough...if looks dry, add 1 tsp more)
cardamom (elaichi), saunf (fennel seeds)
- Mix atta with oats powder and almond meal.
- Add sugar powder and fennel or elaichi.
- Rub everything with hands.
- Now add ghee, curd. Mix well.
- Rub again with hands until it resembles bread crumbs like texture or little more sticky.
- Add milk - 1 tsp at a time.
- Gather all ingredients with hands.
- Make logs or flatten like a chapati and cut into desired shapes. Make sure these are thin pieces.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven t 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Bake the atta oats cookies without baking powder at 180 degrees for 15 mts or little longer.
- Enjoy the oats almond crackers with tea.