You will numerous homemade recipes with oatmeal here, for I love oats, believing their health benefits.
This time I have come up with oatmeal desserts.
Yes, desserts can be healthy. Yay! I have tried a number of healthy dessert recipes that might interest you.
Almonds and pistachios taste equally awesome in desserts. What do you say? I try including these nuts in my sweets and desserts. Ice cream is my favorite or you may call it kulfi in desi jargon. Of course, I do not like chocolate ice cream.
Do you remember I had shared milk badaam oats kulfi earlier? This included raw oats - means in unroasted form.
This time I have chosen to roast oats and feel have got a slightly better result - here's presenting another lip-smacking delight from my healthy kitchen.
Oatmeal dessert is healthy and yet so flavorful. Can't believe? Try this almond-based oatmeal kulfi once.
1 cup- milk (+1 tsp milk)
2 tbsp- milk powder/kulfi mix/almond powder
2 tsp- roasted oats powder
sugar as per your choice (if you are adding kulfi mix and milk powder, then you will need less sugar...I never add extra sugar when I include any of these two ingredients in my kulfi)
Nuts - almonds and pistachios
1 tsp- Rose essence or roofazhaah
1/2 tsp- soaked goond katira (optional)
Goond katira is different from regular Goond, which is used for making ladoos. While the former has cooling properties and is used in refreshing summer drinks and desserts. It works as a laxative as well. Just a small piece is enough to serve the entire family, as it gets swollen upon coming in contact with water. The spongy Katira can then be added to drinks and kulfis to beat the heat.
Milk Badaam Kulfi Procedure
|milk badaam kulfi|
- Take milk in a pan. Add elacihi and mix milk powder/kulfi mix/almond powder - whatever you have.
- If you have none of these, still it is possible to make this kinda kulfi - simply boil milk and then keep it on a low flame until it reduces to almost 3/4ths.
- Now add oats powder in 1 tsp of milk. Mix it with the boiling milk.
- Stir constantly so that it doesn't stick to the base of the vessel.
- Next add almonds and pistas.Give it a good mix.
- All it to cool. Add goond katira.
- Run the mixture in a food processor.
- Next stir in rose essence and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Enjoy after lunch or dinner.
- I can have this tantalizing milk badaam oats kulfi any time of the day.