|suji cake in airfryer|
I have recently bought Prestige airfryer after getting inspiration from our very sweet aunt Anita Chahal's innovative airfried recipes.
Yes, my first experiment with airfryer was a failure - tried making pakodas or fritters in my airfryer, I was disappointed since I wanted to make something special for my family in Patiala. Nevertheless I did not lose hope, and the next day, it was time to bake an airfryer cake.
Yes, I was little apprehensive, but the fire within me to experiment kept me on!
Then came my suji cake out of the airfryer.
|eggless semolina cake recipe|
Was I happy?
Is there any doubt? Go try this airfryer cake now! Of course, you can bake this cake in oven or microwave convection and even on stovetop.
The suji cake is flavored with citrusy lemon and uses carrot. The sweet savory nutty cake is all you need to enjoy everyday on any special day.
Here's my simple cake recipe with semolina.
Semolina Cake Ingredients
2 cups- Suji (semolina)
3/4-1 cup- sugar
3/4 cup- curd
3/4 cup- milk
1/4 cup- water
Ginger- 1 tsp
lime juice-1 tsp
1 tsp- Baking powder
1/2 tsp- Baking soda
salt- 1 pinch
2 pinches of lime zest
Nuts of your choice or tutti fruity
|airfryer cake with suji|
- Mix semolina with sugar, oil, curd, and milk.
- Keep aside for 2 hours. Or for 20 mts minimum.
- Next add cardamom, grated ginger and carrot.
- Stir in lime juice and lime zest. Or you may add orange juice instead.
- Preheat airfryer at 200 degrees for 10 mts.
- Add baking powder to the cake batter.
- Mix everything well. We need the batter to have idli batter-like consistency.
- If the batter looks thicker, add water. I added.
- Add nuts.
- Air fry the batter for 35-40 mts at 200 degrees. It took me 40 mts to bake it perfectly.
- I have a Prestige Air fryer. Time depends on the type of your airfryer. Please keep an eye on your cake after25 mts. I air fryed for 20 mts first. But the cake wasn't done. Then I set it for 10 mts more. Still it did not have a brownish top, so I kept it for another 10 mts.
- Allow the suji cake to rest in the airfryer for 30 mts.
- Let it cool down completely before slicing the airfryer cake.
- If you wish to bake in microwave or oven, preheat it at 180 degrees for 10 mts. Then bake it for 35 mts at the same temperature or until done.
- The post gets inspiration from this eggless suji cake recipe post.